Best tea in NYC????

Learn about tea-related establishments open across the world.

Best tea in NYC????

Postby karia » Apr 23rd, '10, 14:26

Hello,

I want to do a tea tour of NYC. So I come to you great folks which are the three best places in Brooklyn and manhattan to have a cup of tea (sorry bronx, queens and staten island, I live in NJ and going to the out boroughs is just too much and I al profoundly lazy)

Thank you in advance.
karia

Re: Best tea in NYC????

Postby xine » Apr 23rd, '10, 14:44

Karia, if you're in NJ there's an excellent tea place in Montclair- I assume if you're close enough to NY you're in North Jersey:

http://www.southsilkroad.com/

This is a link to their retail site, but they have a store on Church Street that you can buy tea, as well as have a cup. They also have small sweets to snack on and a huge variety of tea. It's right across the street from the fabulous Montclair Bookstore, if you're so inclined.

I was about to post about my favorite place in the city, and really the only place I know since I don't make it into the city very often anymore- Amai Tea House. Looking at the website, they actually just annouced their closing. Very sad! I did a review of this place a couple of years ago. You can still purchase their cookies though it looks like from their website.
xine

Re: Best tea in NYC????

Postby karia » Apr 23rd, '10, 15:10

xine wrote:Karia, if you're in NJ there's an excellent tea place in Montclair- I assume if you're close enough to NY you're in North Jersey:

http://www.southsilkroad.com/

This is a link to their retail site, but they have a store on Church Street that you can buy tea, as well as have a cup. They also have small sweets to snack on and a huge variety of tea. It's right across the street from the fabulous Montclair Bookstore, if you're so inclined.

I was about to post about my favorite place in the city, and really the only place I know since I don't make it into the city very often anymore- Amai Tea House. Looking at the website, they actually just annouced their closing. Very sad! I did a review of this place a couple of years ago. You can still purchase their cookies though it looks like from their website.

On thank you, I used to live in Montclair and I don't think I have been to that place, but I will check it out this weekend.

Even though I am in nj I love going into the city because I like the walking aroung part of NYC.

It sucks that the tea place you like is closing, One of my old favs closed last year and that was is sad too!!
karia

Instant Messenger

Permissions