Tea in Ottawa, Canada

Learn about tea-related establishments open across the world.

Tea in Ottawa, Canada

Postby Cinnamon Kitty » Sep 7th, '08, 19:49

Going to college in the northern expanses of New York puts me very close to the Canadian border and only about an hour or 2 from Ottawa. We're planning on taking a day trip up there next weekend so naturally, I did quick search of tea shops in the area. Google came up with at least ten. The only one I've been to is called "Tea Store" which is by the Byward Market. Does anyone have any other suggestions of ones to visit?
Cinnamon Kitty

Postby Wosret » Sep 7th, '08, 22:49

I enjoyed The Tea Party, in the Market, though they store their tea in glass jars. Nice atmosphere.

If you can, I highly recommend you contact Camellia Teas and book your own chanoyu experience! It's ridiculously affordable and really worth a trip.

I've also been hearing good things about Tea and Ginseng, though I haven't yet had the chance to visit.

Afternoon tea at Zoé's Lounge at the Château Laurier is enjoyable, though they didn't offer a really wide selection of teas, and their teapots don't come with a removable infuser. Well, they may now, but they didn't when I went!
Wosret

Instant Messenger

Permissions