Xiu Xian Tea in Bellevue, WA

Learn about tea-related establishments open across the world.

Xiu Xian Tea in Bellevue, WA

Postby VegaChan » Jan 22nd, '09, 18:55

Xiu Xian Tea
15600 N.E. 8th St.
Bellevue, WA 98008

(Between the two italian restaurants)

I just discovered this Tea Shop only a couple of weeks ago and I am hooked! They're teas are simply delicious, they import them directly from china, and they can trace each one of their teas back to the growers there.

Mako and Jenny are so dear. They will let you try every tea you are interested in before you buy it, and that's a good thing since they have almost 200. They will also, show you how to wash and properly brew each type of tea you select.

They have everything from Delicate white teas to Black as well as various herbal ingredients that you can mix with your white or green tea to give it an extra bit of fresh flavor.

My personal favorite is their Oolong Ginseng Tea. It tastes great! The nutty flavor of their oolong tea dances dances on my tongue as I am drinking, and then the ginseng seems to excite my sweet oriented taste buds leaving wonderful sweat aftertaste in my mouth after drinking.

Now not only does the tea taste good, but it also keeps my focus and alertness sharp throughout the day. I work as a Radiologic Technologist, so when my job requires me to handle ionizing radiation, it's important to stay alert all day. Now I am one of those people that where if I drink an energy drink I get the initial burst, but then I crash and burn later. This oolong ginseng doesn't seem to have that effect on me. Sure it doesn't give me the same initial pop that a red bull does, but it does give that extra stimulant of alertness that lasts all day. It's awesome!

Another thing that is a definate have is their Black Tea Lattes and their Chai Tea Lattes. They are simply amazing. The black Tea latte with a hint of cinnamon, gives you that great filling latte taste but without the bitterness of the coffee. Also as I'm sure you know Black Tea also contains caffeine, maybe not as much as coffee, but then you won't get those "caffeine jitters" as I like to call them, where you feel anxious and your heart races (I don't like that feeling).

Their Chai Latte is to die for! A wonderful fresh tasting mix of cardamon, cinnamon and other flavors, excites all of my taste buds with its rich full flavor and leaves a nice spicy kick in the back of my throat which feels good, (as opposed to the front of the tongue where it just burns like a lot of spicy drinks).

After trying the wonderful assortment of loose leaf teas at Xiu Xian Tea, I will never go back to tea bags! Ever!

In case you forgot the address here it is again! :D

Xiu Xian Tea
15600 N.E. 8th St.
Bellevue, WA 98008

(Between the two italian restaurants)
VegaChan

Instant Messenger

Permissions