Return of the wishlist

If we've got something important to say, you'll hear it here first.

Aug 23rd, '08, 00:26
Adagio

by ilya » Aug 23rd, '08, 00:26

chamekke wrote:(Hey, is there any way I can get my username chamekke back?)
No problem. You can go into your account page and change it to whatever you wish. The only requirement is that you need at least 1 letter for your first and last name. That is why you were invisible before.

Aug 23rd, '08, 00:29

by chamekke » Aug 23rd, '08, 00:29

ilya wrote:
chamekke wrote:(Hey, is there any way I can get my username chamekke back?)
No problem. You can go into your account page and change it to whatever you wish. The only requirement is that you need at least 1 letter for your first and last name. That is why you were invisible before.
Aaah-haaah!!! Light dawns. That does explain a lot.

That's fine then... I'll do that in due course. In the meantime I don't mind being the cryptic "J.M."

One question about the credit-card thing, Ilya - does Adagio not permit actual deletion of the credit card on file? I seem only to have the option to change from one credit card from another (or to update the existing credit card's expiry date, or what have you).

Sorry that this is considerably OT from the original Wishlist topic, but since we're troubleshooting :wink:

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Aug 23rd, '08, 00:33
Adagio

by ilya » Aug 23rd, '08, 00:33

You can delete your credit cards until you get to your last one. (e.g. if you have 3 on file, you can delete 2 of them). Once you get down to having only one, you are unable to remove it. However, there is nothing stopping you from changing it to "1234123412341234", or some such number.

edit: Reminds me of that scene in spaceball... wow, that's the combination on my luggage.
Last edited by ilya on Aug 23rd, '08, 00:34, edited 1 time in total.

Aug 23rd, '08, 00:34
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Aug 23rd, '08, 00:34

Is it just me, can anyone view chamekke's profile from the link in one of her posts?
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Aug 23rd, '08, 00:35
Adagio

by ilya » Aug 23rd, '08, 00:35

Chip wrote:Is it just me, can anyone view chamekke's profile from the link in one of her posts?
Yes, we got it working now. Although the link from TeaChat will take 24 hours to update and work properly.

Aug 23rd, '08, 00:39

by chamekke » Aug 23rd, '08, 00:39

One other question... this is really trivial, but I'm unable to change the photo attached to my profile.

Originally I uploaded the avatar I used when I first joined TeaChat (the "tea fanatic" felt brooch). Later I tried changing it to a portrait GIF, with no apparent success, since "tea fanatic" still shows up on all my other pages.

So on my profile page; I still see the "tea fanatic" avatar. If I click on the update photo link, I'm taken to my Greeting page where the Your Icon section actually displays the portrait GIF that I tried changing my icon to. If I try browsing to another image on my computer (e.g. the mini-kyusu avatar that I'm currently using on TeaChat), nothing changes. It's still the portrait GIF on my Greeting page, and the tea fanatic avatar everywhere else.

Of course, I don't mind being a tea fanatic forever, since it's true, but...

Aug 23rd, '08, 00:40
Adagio

by ilya » Aug 23rd, '08, 00:40

Can you PM me the image you are trying to upload. I'll see what the problem may be.

Aug 23rd, '08, 00:49
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Aug 23rd, '08, 00:49

No one's Adagio profile link is working for me now through TC.

Aug 23rd, '08, 00:51

by chamekke » Aug 23rd, '08, 00:51

Victoria wrote:No one's Adagio profile link is working for me now through TC.
I can see your Adagio profile via TeaChat all right, Victoria.

Of course, Ilya is working his magic so quickly, he probably fixed it between the time you typed your message and the time it's taking me to type this one!

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Aug 23rd, '08, 10:47

Behind the Curve

by Aphroditea » Aug 23rd, '08, 10:47

It seems that while I was out partying last night everyone else was testing!

Well, I won't repeat what others have said, but I will add that my notes are similar. What I would like to post is a question to the other testers.

While I was able to test a bit on my end, even viewing your wishlists and adding to and editting my own, there is one aspect that seems tricky to test alone. That is what happens if I buy something for someone off their wishlist?

So, I propose a gift swap. If one of you is game I can buy something for you and you can buy something for me (of similar value). Then we can see if that part of the system works well and intuitively. That and we'll both get tea out of it :)

Anyone game?

Aug 23rd, '08, 11:03

by chamekke » Aug 23rd, '08, 11:03

Aphroditea, if no one else volunteers, I am game! But I am in Canada, and IIRC you are in the United States, so it might be better to do it with someone whose postal rates will be identical.

- Billy Connolly

Aug 23rd, '08, 11:17

Re: Behind the Curve

by PolyhymnianMuse » Aug 23rd, '08, 11:17

Being that its the general purpose of the wishlist, I would gladly test out actually purchasing and recieving gifts via the wishlist with you Aphro. Sounds like fun, but it will also help make sure that the whole process runs smoothly. :D

Aug 23rd, '08, 14:00

by Aphroditea » Aug 23rd, '08, 14:00

chamekke wrote:Aphroditea, if no one else volunteers, I am game! But I am in Canada, and IIRC you are in the United States, so it might be better to do it with someone whose postal rates will be identical.
Thank you for the offer, but you are probably right. It was sweet of you to jump in, though :)

*hugs*

Aug 23rd, '08, 14:04

Re: Behind the Curve

by Aphroditea » Aug 23rd, '08, 14:04

PolyhymnianMuse wrote:Being that its the general purpose of the wishlist, I would gladly test out actually purchasing and recieving gifts via the wishlist with you Aphro. Sounds like fun, but it will also help make sure that the whole process runs smoothly. :D
Well, yes, in the interest of the general purpose of testing ;) It breaks my heart that I will have to get MORE tea by doing this, of course.... :P

Okay, well, it looks like we both have blends on our wishlists and since they are all $10 that would probably be the route to go. Or we could peice together orders which don't exceed $15. Perhaps one of us should buy one thing and one of us should be 2 or more, just to test out different ordering possiblities. Your wishlist makes it pretty easy to do the 2 or more senario - mine doesn't, I'm afraid.

What do you think? You can PM me btw - that might make this easier :)

Aug 23rd, '08, 14:37

by PolyhymnianMuse » Aug 23rd, '08, 14:37

I just thought about this while PMing Aphro...

Will we be able to review the items that are bought for us off of our wishlist?

+ Post Reply