Looking for a Jasmine Tea

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

Re: Looking for a Jasmine Tea

Postby Cyphre » Mar 4th, '11, 12:52

Know if you can just get the jasmine flowers by themselves anywhere?
Cyphre

Postby Chip » Mar 4th, '11, 13:04

Cyphre wrote:Know if you can just get the jasmine flowers by themselves anywhere?

You can certainly grow your own.

Dried jasmine buds sold by TeaSpring bare no resemblance to the jasmine scent we enjoy in naturally scented jasmine teas. They actually made me feel queasy too ...
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Cyphre » Mar 4th, '11, 14:12

Chip wrote:
Cyphre wrote:Know if you can just get the jasmine flowers by themselves anywhere?

You can certainly grow your own.

Dried jasmine buds sold by TeaSpring bare no resemblance to the jasmine scent we enjoy in naturally scented jasmine teas. They actually made me feel queasy too ...

That's not good.

I was just curious because I am dedicating a yixing duanni pot to jasmine pearls (I know I don't need to use a yixing and all that. I do it cause the girls at work think it's cute plus I like it). I just finished seasoning the pot and I was thinking of doing another seasoning round but this time with just jasmine flowers to see if I can infuse the pot with that jasmine smell even more. I don't want to use oils or scented sprays on it. Plus even better would be to just store some of the jasmine buds in the little box where I keep the pot.
Cyphre

Postby JRS22 » Mar 4th, '11, 19:47

The pearls are scented, not flavored. There are teas that have some petals mixed in - I've seen it referred to as modern style - and I find that steeping the petals adds a flavor I don't enjoy. I would hazard a guess that storing the pot with fresh petals would mimic the technique used to scent the tea.

I also have a yixing pot that I've devoted to Jasmine. I received it as a gift years before I began drinking tea, and it's very pretty but maybe not up to the high standards of the yixing experts on this board. I like the idea that over the years the jasmine scent will intensify.
JRS22

Previous

Instant Messenger

Permissions