chai

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

Mar 12th, '07, 01:02

by tenuki » Mar 12th, '07, 01:02

Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Mar 28th, '07, 20:14

by peachaddict » Mar 28th, '07, 20:14

Because I really don't care for coffee, I drink Tazo's "Chai Tea Latte" every time I go there. I like it a lot, actually. Not bad.

Tenuki - the site you linked to is very neat!
"Oh, those are my subconscious thoughts. I shouldn't listen too hard if I were you. I'm not all that proud of some of them." - Doctor Who

Dec 1st, '07, 14:23

by Monkey in China » Dec 1st, '07, 14:23

I've only drank (disgusting) chai teabags, I have to try your recipees! thanks!

Dec 1st, '07, 15:21
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

by skywarrior » Dec 1st, '07, 15:21

Awesome chai recipes. I've made some chai with all the spices, but I've settled to finding a chai that has the flavors I'm looking for. Adagio makes a very good chai tea, IMO, called Oriental Spice.

Jan 13th, '08, 12:16

by go green » Jan 13th, '08, 12:16

I just made a chai with adagio's coconut tea and must say it was yummy, so I thought I'd share my recipe and resurrect this thread! (after all, chai is great on a cold, wintery morning!!)

1/2 cup water plus 1 cup milk/half and half
To the milk water mixture add fresh ground cinnamon, nutmeg, black pepper, and ginger. The amounts depend on your personal tastes. If you like it spicy, add more pepper, etc. Also add 5 cardamom seeds, cracked and 3-4 tsp sugar (again, own personal taste).
Heat until boil, then cover and simmer for a few minutes. You need to watch the pot or it will foam up and you will have a mess. Believe me, it has happened to me on several occasions!
The add 2 tsp black tea. Bring to boil again, cover and take off of heat. Let steep for about 4 minutes. Strain into mug and enjoy.

This makes one large mug of tea. Hope you like it!!
Nine planets surround the sun
Only one does the sun embrace
Upon this watered one
So much do we take for granted

Feb 29th, '08, 03:15

by erikt » Feb 29th, '08, 03:15

I'm extremely happy about this post! I forgot (with all the other tea i've been researching) HOW MUCH I LOVE CHAI! I love the authentic recipes, i never knew the exact ways to make it! Thank you guys!

+ Post Reply