Tea in Anchorage

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Feb 21st, '12, 22:01

Tea in Anchorage

by Saayuq » Feb 21st, '12, 22:01

Does anybody know of sources for pu-erh in Anchorage, AK? I am thinking of Asian groceries or possibly a tea shop that we don't know about. Occasionally we get in to town, but don't have time to search everything out.

Thanks.

Feb 22nd, '12, 19:29

Re: Tea in Anchorage

by Spoonvonstup » Feb 22nd, '12, 19:29

I did a quick search using Steepster's "Places" function, and found four places:

Indigo Tea Lounge
Can't find their tea selection on their website. One review says:
A small but elegant tea lounge nestled inside a beautiful furniture gallery. Sits right on 5th Avenue, close to shopping and dining. Excellent tea selection. I recommend the Earl Grey Creme or Rooibos Ginger.

Summit Spice and Tea Co.
They do have some pu'er. Looks like they either source the pu'er from Rishi or whoever-else Samovar sources from. But it's pu'er and it's near you!
Amazing selection of teas and spices. Lots of their own house blends. The staff is really friendly and knowledgeable. They’ll let you sample any tea you want, too!

Mountain Mary's
Didn't see a review. Looks like they focus on herbs.

Turkey Red
Cafe. No pu'er featured on their drink menu. But maybe if you asked (and all of your friends asked) they might be moved to give it a try?

....that's all for Steepster's places.

Tea Map (see right next to TEACHAT above) has just one more place, but no review:
Sipping Streams Tea Company
I don't see pu'er on their tea menu, but apparently they have seasonal teas, so maybe something rotates in? Hard to say.

It's a start, anyway. Sorry I can't recommend anything else- haven't visited the area myself.

Mar 26th, '12, 01:05

Re: Tea in Anchorage

by Saayuq » Mar 26th, '12, 01:05

Spoonvonstup,
Thanks for all of the research. Sorry for the delay in getting back. Summit Spice is the only one I have been to. I will try to locate the others next time I am in town. If I remember correctly they had mini tou chas.

I'll report back if I find the others.

+ Post Reply