Puerh that got you drunk


One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Puerh that got you drunk

Postby TIM » May 14th, '12, 18:43

Image

What kind of puerh can get you tea drunk?
For the pass Sat. one of these tea get me and my group drunk for over 2 days. Just from the first steeping... :lol:

Left to Right:
2012 Gaoshan Golden Needle 2600meter
2011 Fall Chen Yun Yuan
2011 Fall Lao BenZhang
1993 Yuanshangtai Yeslang Shou
Last edited by TIM on May 15th, '12, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
TIM
Vendor Member
 
Posts: 2042
Joined: Apr 4th, '0
Location: NYC

Re: Puerh that get you drunk

Postby TomVerlain » May 14th, '12, 19:08

Can you post what they are ? Hard to read the labels ....

Generally - high quality old sheng can affect me. However, I occaisonally find some older shou too. Part of it seems to be if you have eaten as well as the tea. Sweets can help even out too much tea feelings.
User avatar
TomVerlain
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Jul 22nd, '

Re: Puerh that get you drunk

Postby shah82 » May 14th, '12, 19:13

My top 10 tea drunk puerhs...
2007 Fall XZH Dian Gu
2009 Spring XZH Dian Gu
2006 XZH Taiji Black Wrapper LBZ
2007 XZH DinJin Nuer
2004 YQH Special Reserve
2006 YQH GuShu Chawang
2007 XZH Huangshanlin
2001 Dayi Simplied Yun 7542
2009 XZH Jingmai
2011 Nadacha Man Nuo

There are plenty more puerhs I have with real kick, but stopping at ten, that's what I came up with. Of course, I've sampled other teas with monster kicks, but I don't own any/have tiny samples of.
shah82
 
Posts: 1153
Joined: May 9th, '0

Re: Puerh that get you drunk

Postby bagua7 » May 14th, '12, 20:44

Aged sheng tea tasting I have been lucky to be invited to:

1. 1967 material
2. 1940 "
3. 1900-1910 "

Sorry, no idea about the factories that made those cakes, I was just a guest and not the position of asking and let alone judging anything, indeed a very happy chappy.

Surprisingly the 1967 was the one that gave me the real kick. I remember when I was walking down the street feeling as if I were lying on top of a cloud. Very weird stuff. :lol:
User avatar
bagua7
 
Posts: 1241
Joined: Jul 21st, '

Re: Puerh that get you drunk

Postby JakubT » May 15th, '12, 04:39

For me, the most intense were Hai Lang Hao's 2010 Yi Wu Cha Wang and '88 Qing Bing.
JakubT
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Jan 4th, '1
Location: Prague

Re: Puerh that get you drunk

Postby TwoDog2 » May 15th, '12, 04:54

The most tea drunk I have been (uncomfortably so, at that) was from a loose 1980'sish sheng that I had in Guangzhou from a friend. It really packed a punch

bagua7 wrote: I remember when I was walking down the street feeling as if I were lying on top of a cloud. Very weird stuff. :lol:


Likely an effect of the peyote your host slipped into the cup :mrgreen:
User avatar
TwoDog2
Vendor Member
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Mar 19th, '
Location: Frequently Moving Around

Re: Puerh that get you drunk

Postby David R. » May 15th, '12, 05:00

Young LBZ usually does the trick pretty well, enough for me not to bring this kind of tea to work anymore...
User avatar
David R.
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Oct 6th, '0
Location: France

Re: Puerh that get you drunk

Postby TwoDog2 » May 15th, '12, 05:41

David R. wrote:Young LBZ usually does the trick pretty well, enough for me not to bring this kind of tea to work anymore...


LBZ or just BZ, young or old, is usually enough to float my brain as well
User avatar
TwoDog2
Vendor Member
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Mar 19th, '
Location: Frequently Moving Around

Re: Puerh that got you drunk

Postby TIM » May 15th, '12, 10:57

Image

2011 Fall Lao BenZhang. A connoisseur tea, not for beginner. Aggressive qi that hit the forehead and spread to paralyze one's mind and body.
User avatar
TIM
Vendor Member
 
Posts: 2042
Joined: Apr 4th, '0
Location: NYC

Re: Puerh that got you drunk

Postby shah82 » May 15th, '12, 19:48

I've always found LBZ to be relatively sneaky when affecting you, like a Sumo wrestler easing back on your body. I've also had a bunch of LBZs not even give me much of a buzz, for whatever reason. If I want to get smashed, DaXueShan yeshengs does the job far more consistently.
shah82
 
Posts: 1153
Joined: May 9th, '0

Re: Puerh that got you drunk

Postby MarshalN » May 15th, '12, 21:38

shah82 wrote:I've always found LBZ to be relatively sneaky when affecting you, like a Sumo wrestler easing back on your body. I've also had a bunch of LBZs not even give me much of a buzz, for whatever reason. If I want to get smashed, DaXueShan yeshengs does the job far more consistently.


Then you didn't drink real LBZ. Real LBZ is never sneaky - you know what you're dealing with right away, and it hits you hard. The effect is more like a naked sumo wrestler running straight at you full speed while you're being tied down by two other sumo wrestlers
User avatar
MarshalN
 
Posts: 2105
Joined: Mar 15th, '

Re: Puerh that got you drunk

Postby shah82 » May 15th, '12, 21:51

I weigh more than you do, and one way or another, I've had real LBZ, whatever false claims might be, I think. I just think it's getting very over-picked in recent years. In any event, I've never had a session with a good tea, banzhang as labeled or not, that didn't really just kind of ease in before you realize you're very hammered.

I still say that a no bleep Da Xue Shan unloads more qi on your system in a hurry than LBZ. I'd also say that there is just very little truly good LBZ (in terms of qi) making it to the market anymore. Or Lao Man'E, for that matter. The TeaUrchin Lao Man'E is just moderately strong in qi, for that matter. Menghai Mengsong, Naka, and Man Nuo gives about the same heft (or more) as any newer LBZ I've had.
shah82
 
Posts: 1153
Joined: May 9th, '0

Re: Puerh that got you drunk

Postby tingjunkie » May 15th, '12, 23:01

MarshalN wrote:Then you didn't drink real LBZ. Real LBZ is never sneaky - you know what you're dealing with right away, and it hits you hard. The effect is more like a naked sumo wrestler running straight at you full speed while you're being tied down by two other sumo wrestlers


Sheer poetry. :lol:

For me, the 2000g special commission Menghai cake is still top in tea-drunk class as far as young sheng goes TIM.
User avatar
tingjunkie
 
Posts: 1484
Joined: Jul 8th, '0
Location: NYC

Re: Puerh that got you drunk

Postby TIM » May 15th, '12, 23:25

tingjunkie wrote:
MarshalN wrote:Then you didn't drink real LBZ. Real LBZ is never sneaky - you know what you're dealing with right away, and it hits you hard. The effect is more like a naked sumo wrestler running straight at you full speed while you're being tied down by two other sumo wrestlers


Sheer poetry. :lol:

For me, the 2000g special commission Menghai cake is still top in tea-drunk class as far as young sheng goes TIM.


We are young back then.
User avatar
TIM
Vendor Member
 
Posts: 2042
Joined: Apr 4th, '0
Location: NYC

Re: Puerh that got you drunk

Postby HifideliTea » May 15th, '12, 23:30

Typically any new high quality raw puerh tea on an empty stomach, but first spring pick green tea from Menghai (not qualified as pu erh?) got me hyperventilated and woozy. I was warned though of it's potency before drinking it.
User avatar
HifideliTea
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Jul 29th, '
Location: Singapore, Malaysia

Next

Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation