Breaking the Ceiling for a 06 Bulang

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Sep 27th, '12, 14:13
Vendor Member

Re: Breaking the Ceiling for a 06 Bulang

by TIM » Sep 27th, '12, 14:13

dzrogers wrote:Apples and oranges.

Marshall is aksing 2x cost while verdant is asking 10-15x cost. Marshall is offering several different roastings of the same tea from a local business. In other words four 25g samples for $10 each and one 50g sample for $20 inclusive of shipping costs. In other other words, at the going rate for such things. Verdant is using fancied up language and slight of hand to sell cheap pu at outrageous prices. There's orders of magnitude of difference here.

Slurp, Nice try at hemming Marshall up, but you are making yourself look like a fool. Best quit while you're only slightly behind. :roll:
Perhaps Slurp wanna be A "Verdant" tea vendor but have no clue how to? Hinting up Marshall for sourcing to try his luck :twisted:

Sep 27th, '12, 14:55

by BioHorn » Sep 27th, '12, 14:55

dzrogers wrote:Apples and oranges.

Marshall is aksing 2x cost while verdant is asking 10-15x cost. Marshall is offering several different roastings of the same tea from a local business. In other words four 25g samples for $10 each and one 50g sample for $20 inclusive of shipping costs. In other other words, at the going rate for such things. Verdant is using fancied up language and slight of hand to sell cheap pu at outrageous prices. There's orders of magnitude of difference here.

Slurp, Nice try at hemming Marshall up, but you are making yourself look like a fool. Best quit while you're only slightly behind. :roll:
Wow. What a tool. I, for one, quite appreciate M. taking his time and effort to put together this learning experience (for our benefit.)

I am sure if he applied the time necessary to other ends he would wind up earning more money.

Sep 27th, '12, 22:29

by DVS » Sep 27th, '12, 22:29

BioHorn wrote:I, for one, quite appreciate M. taking his time and effort to put together this learning experience (for our benefit.)
I agree with BioHorn. Besides getting some good high fired TGY, which I love :). You also get a good learning experience about how the different levels of roasting effect TGY and its taste.

Sep 28th, '12, 01:04

by hster » Sep 28th, '12, 01:04

BioHorn wrote:
I, for one, quite appreciate M. taking his time and effort to put together this learning experience (for our benefit.)

I am sure if he applied the time necessary to other ends he would wind up earning more money.
+1000. I'm sure legions of MarshalN's readers agree- if there was a guy who tirelessly devotes his time to tea and generously shares his findings with the public, it's him. His blog goes beyond tea reviews and teaches us how to think critically about teas and vendors. I personally would pay subscription to read MarshalN's blog as I find the knowledge embedded therein more valuable to me than other forms of paid media and most of the teas I've been drinking.

H

Sep 28th, '12, 12:50

by wh&yel-apprentice » Sep 28th, '12, 12:50

shazam...wow. Sure are a lot of lemmings here on TC, following their false idols bloggers. electric oven roasted, rflmoa...go get me some tea master producers famous ones, and let me read *their* opinion of Marshal's tasting and see if they don't agree with my assessment...man, the herd mentality of ignorantee's is killing me :mrgreen:

So pure is Marshal and this thread drift (how can you not have one when it's author is of such 'integrity', lol) ...that his own blog censors all that Marshall doesn't agree with...roflmao! Luv 2 c the lemming heard mentality on TC. No wonder they hypocritical huckster came here to spam the dirty laundry.>>>see her latest:
http://teacloset.blogspot.com/2012/09/m ... sy-to.html?
Moving Non-Humorous Controversy to Teachat
To keep the tone of this blog congenial and focused on what I do love about tea, I thought I would start posting what I find egregious(and lacking a sufficient humorous angle) on teachat. When I noticed something newly suspicious on Verdant Tea about a 2006 Tiandiren Bulang being too prohibitively expensive to import and will be offered only through their special Pu-er Reserve project, I couldn't help but alert the public:

http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 90#p228490
Oh how nice, didn't give up on the character assassination duties yet...unlike you dishonest words from just a few months prior... cred much? I think not!

http://teacloset.blogspot.com/2012/06/f ... -7542.html
Saturday, June 23, 2012
Final Update to the Fake 1998 7542
On a shrewd business move on his part, Jim has updated his listing on the 1998 CNNP 7542 to mention the controversy and include both my discussions:
http://teacloset.blogspot.com/2012/06/p ... -7542.html
http://teacloset.blogspot.com/2012/06/y ... r-met.html

I completely stand by my assertion that his cake is no older than 2006 in comparison to my numerous dry-aged cakes from the same era. The said cake is neither old or good. It's clear if you want to patronize puerhshop.com, you have to work hard to sort out duds and still pay a Western vendor premium. The 2oz sample of this 7542 is $15.88 which can still eat up your precious tea funds just for trying. In 2006, I would have had to suck it up and keep on being a puerhshop customer because there were so few vendors who carried decent pu-erh at all. Seven years later, I'm happy I can just pass on puerhshop because there is no shortage of good competition from Asian vendors.

There will be no more posts regarding this vendor or crackdowns in general as I want to move onto more wholesome tea doings. Hopefully there will be a new sheriff in town to sort these types of things out. While I had great fun deconstructing the "scamdalous" pu-erh inventory of Verdant Tea, I need to concentrate on finding the vendors who are worth supporting. Thanks for all your support and input.
Posted by hster at 12:42 PM
Labels: fake, puerhshop
duplicitous hypocrite, blogger-mudslingers, should be sued, imho.
hster8:53 PM

You were better than any of us IIRC. Actually I was reading your teachat response to David Ducker and all I could think of is "Go go marshalN!"

http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 9&start=15

I'm just an amateur but I did learn at the feet of the master.

Humbly H

Here's my greatly considered post which tea addict blocks from posting, on this thread drift, nonsensical luv fest for Marshal... he, like hster, of dubious integrity:
Could make it more interesting if you do single blind, I'll bet some will like the 'fake' oolong, choose it amongst their favorites :D. Also, include at least one Taiwanese grown/ handmade of same style. Almost a ***must***, would be (likewise all single blind) a true *charcoal-roasted* version.

At the local Wing Fung Hop or whatever it's called (always forget :) ) in Monterey Park, Calif, they sell as their 'premium' TGY, one that is dark brown in color, similar looking to your darkest (though photos are poorly lit) for around $60/lb , that which I don't really care for, Give similar dark color infusions, of a weird arse (not to my taste) carmel-malty like flavor that dominates. Perhaps I should send *you* a sample so you can see what is available here in the "West" at the mid-level tea shop, lol.

http://www.winghopfung.com/tea/precious ... anyin.html

Tally the votes based on the criteria, examples above; then you get a more fully, true 'education'.
Since Marshall is heavy-handed on the censorship banner, I think Chip for once should clean up some of these threads and actually appear to be an unbiased moderator (which we all know how that goes, eh Chip)

*note*, I have never done business with the person/business that is the subject of this "Salem witch hunt" thread, I'm not going to be part of the 'No Joy, No Luck Club'.

Sep 28th, '12, 12:57

by MarshalN » Sep 28th, '12, 12:57

Uh, I approved your duplicate post, no? There were two identical posts by you. I even replied to it! Did you even see that?

http://www.marshaln.com/2012/09/curated ... mment-6335

Now that I look at it, I guess I approved the one without the link, which showed up first.

If you want to add a link, just add a link, if you repeat the whole thing it'll look like spam (it was flagged for manual approval) and I'll delete one. Seems like normal operations to me.

Sep 28th, '12, 13:03

by shah82 » Sep 28th, '12, 13:03

wh&yel-apprentice, do you spend much time here on topics other than belittling other people?

Sep 28th, '12, 17:29
Vendor Member

by TIM » Sep 28th, '12, 17:29

:lol:
Last edited by TIM on Sep 28th, '12, 22:00, edited 1 time in total.

Sep 28th, '12, 21:07

by edkrueger » Sep 28th, '12, 21:07

wh&yel-apprentice wrote: Since Marshall is heavy-handed on the censorship banner, I think Chip for once should clean up some of these threads and actually appear to be an unbiased moderator (which we all know how that goes, eh Chip)
I second that. Chip, please delete wh&yel-apprentice annoying posts. :D

Edit: I guess I should contribute something if I am going to post...

Sep 28th, '12, 21:52
Vendor Member

by TwoDog2 » Sep 28th, '12, 21:52

Wh&etc, you need to be more subtle. Trolling is a art.

Sep 28th, '12, 21:55

by edkrueger » Sep 28th, '12, 21:55

TwoDog2 wrote:Wh&etc, you need to be more subtle. Trolling is a art.
:D :D :D

Sep 28th, '12, 22:26
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Sep 28th, '12, 22:26

shah82 wrote:wh&yel-apprentice, do you spend much time here on topics other than poorly attempting to belittle other people?
Fixed :lol:

Sep 28th, '12, 23:28
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Sep 28th, '12, 23:28

Spock wrote:... fascinating ... humans can be so illogical.
TCers ... lemmings? More like bulls in a china shop. :lol: Though usually polite bulls or as polite as bulls can be.

Anyway ... perhaps we can get back on subject? This has gotten as irrelevent as any topic I have seen before.

Sep 28th, '12, 23:36
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Sep 28th, '12, 23:36

hmm, I will be editing this topic.

Sep 29th, '12, 13:22

by hster » Sep 29th, '12, 13:22

wh&yel-apprentice wrote:shazam...wow. Sure are a lot of lemmings here on TC, following their false idols bloggers.
MarshalN is not claiming to be some tea prophet or expert- just a guy who drinks a lot of tea and writes about it. I've found his posts to be more informative than those who do claim "expertise" and his posts more often than not are about fostering skeptical thinking.

It's your own loss if you haven't learned from MarshalN's blog and that speaks more about you than him.

As to the attacks on my posts- this is the free internet. Majority of my readers think such investigations are needed on such blatant cases. I do it as a public service to new drinkers.

+ Post Reply