Reaching Cloud?

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Feb 5th, '13, 09:44

Re: Reaching Cloud?

by Teaism » Feb 5th, '13, 09:44

I was there at Lau Yu Fat in beginning December 2012 and don't recall seeing Cloud's stuff there. I have seen it there in Jan 2012 when I was there. I am not sure Sun Sing have Cloud's stuff, they might have it. I was there in Dec 2012 but was not looking for Cloud's stuff. It might just be there and stole a quick glimpse from me, I am not sure. Perhaps if you could email SunSing to check with them at info@sunsingtea.com

Good luck with your search.

Cheers!

Feb 5th, '13, 09:46

by gasninja » Feb 5th, '13, 09:46

Have you tried the site he has for selling his tea

http://www.cloudsteahouse.com/index_e.html
I don't think Sunsing has clouds stuff.

Feb 5th, '13, 09:59

by apache » Feb 5th, '13, 09:59

MarshalN wrote:
apache wrote:
wyardley wrote:This shop was carrying some of his collected tea as well as his own productions in Mainland China, but these days, there's not much there.

http://shop35340763.taobao.com/?search=y

What makes you think he was "actively selling puerh", and is there something specific you're looking for?

You can get his own productions via certain vendors. Based on descriptions and photos, as well as the fact that they were selling his cakes, it's also possible (just a guess) that Lau Yu Fat in HK was selling some of his teas that he collected. While I have heard of him selling tea, so I don't think it's something that he's completely beyond, I don't think he's really interested in selling tea directly unless there are fairly large amounts of money involved.
Someone told me Lau Yu Fat sold out all Cloud's tea after Hobbes wrote a blog on Half-dipper about it last year.
I was there a few months ago, and I'm sure there was some left. Which tea are you talking about?
Those
http://half-dipper.blogspot.co.uk/2012/ ... louds.html

Feb 5th, '13, 10:36

by MarshalN » Feb 5th, '13, 10:36

I doubt the selling out has anything to do with Hobbes. The tea is a known quantity here for years. It was on sale at LYF for years as well. I think it just sold out because they were running low.

Feb 5th, '13, 10:55

by Teaism » Feb 5th, '13, 10:55

MarshalN wrote:I doubt the selling out has anything to do with Hobbes. The tea is a known quantity here for years. It was on sale at LYF for years as well. I think it just sold out because they were running low.
I certainly agree with you on this. With the great hospitality of Mr Lau, most would be obliged to buy more from him. His old Purion pieces are also gone.

An honor to respond to you, MarshalN, been following your nice blog for years. Hope we can have tea together one day.

Cheers!

Feb 5th, '13, 12:37
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Feb 5th, '13, 12:37

What you mean ... TeaChat and TeaBloggers do not drive the TEAconomy? 8)

Feb 5th, '13, 13:53

by apache » Feb 5th, '13, 13:53

Chip wrote:What you mean ... TeaChat and TeaBloggers do not drive the TEAconomy? 8)
No, we puerh tea drinkers are very independent minded individuals who has high self regard holding on to our believe firmly and never ever easily be swayed by others' unimportant opinions! :wink:

Feb 5th, '13, 22:29

by MarshalN » Feb 5th, '13, 22:29

Or more like - Chinese tea drinkers generally don't read blogs/forums in English, with some small exceptions.

Feb 6th, '13, 00:32
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Feb 6th, '13, 00:32

MarshalN wrote:Or more like - Chinese tea drinkers generally don't read blogs/forums in English, with some small exceptions.
Funny you mention that ... for a long time we would have 50, 60, 70 ... 100 Beidu spiders on TeaChat at a time ... though I have no clue what they were all doing. It was like TeaChat was a parking lot for them.

Not that that has any bearing on what you stated. But at least the Chinese spiders had an interest of some kind in TeaChat. :mrgreen:

Feb 6th, '13, 01:16

by Teaism » Feb 6th, '13, 01:16

MarshalN wrote:Or more like - Chinese tea drinkers generally don't read blogs/forums in English, with some small exceptions.
MarshalN, I sure from your blog setting you can see a lot of Chinese tea drinkers visited your blog.

There are millions of overseas (not in China) English educated Chinese tea drinkers who read English blog, some for knowledge, and some for curiosity (and some for amusement) :) .

Those in South East Asia, e.g. Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand including those in Taiwan and Hong Kong are bilingual or multi lingual and have access to many teahouses are very lucky with hands on experience but still curious what other part of the world's perception on Chinese tea. You will be surprised that many of these Chinese can't read and speak Chinese, but converse only in English so they visit English blog to learn tea from there.

Feb 6th, '13, 01:24

by shah82 » Feb 6th, '13, 01:24

We know from Chua, who seems to be caught up in life, these days...

Feb 6th, '13, 04:47

by apache » Feb 6th, '13, 04:47

However, some serious and diligent tea drinkers in the West do read blogs/forums in Chinese, even though they don't know much Chinese.

Godsent "Google Translate"

Feb 6th, '13, 09:09

by gasninja » Feb 6th, '13, 09:09

Marshaln have you never tracked where people are visiting your blog from?
I am fairly sure Hobbes has quite a few readers in Asia. Although I doubt that has much if anything to do with Clouds cake selling out. If they are in fact sold out. :?:

Feb 6th, '13, 11:08

by ChengduCha » Feb 6th, '13, 11:08

gasninja wrote: I am fairly sure Hobbes has quite a few readers in Asia.
Blogspot is blocked in China though.

While Cloud has started to make and sell cakes a couple of years ago, he's not too serious about it as a business, given the fact that his online shop doesn't even have a shopping cart and has been under construction for ages.

I think everything he did in relation to pu erh had always more to do with his ego than any real commercial ambitions.

Feb 6th, '13, 18:40

by apache » Feb 6th, '13, 18:40

ChengduCha wrote: ....

While Cloud has started to make and sell cakes a couple of years ago, he's not too serious about it as a business, given the fact that his online shop doesn't even have a shopping cart and has been under construction for ages.

I think everything he did in relation to pu erh had always more to do with his ego than any real commercial ambitions.
As making megabucks is not Cloud's main goal but to be honoured and glorified in the world of pu are his aim, this means he will always be trust worthy and honest when he talks about pu.

+ Post Reply