Reaching Cloud?

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Feb 7th, '13, 13:26

Re: Reaching Cloud?

by MarshalN » Feb 7th, '13, 13:26

apache wrote:
ChengduCha wrote: ....

While Cloud has started to make and sell cakes a couple of years ago, he's not too serious about it as a business, given the fact that his online shop doesn't even have a shopping cart and has been under construction for ages.

I think everything he did in relation to pu erh had always more to do with his ego than any real commercial ambitions.
As making megabucks is not Cloud's main goal but to be honoured and glorified in the world of pu are his aim, this means he will always be trust worthy and honest when he talks about pu.
How do you know that? He quit his day job and is now a tea seller full time, at least others more knowledgeable have told me. I'm sure it has to pay the bills.

Feb 7th, '13, 13:27

by MarshalN » Feb 7th, '13, 13:27

Teaism wrote:
MarshalN wrote:Or more like - Chinese tea drinkers generally don't read blogs/forums in English, with some small exceptions.
MarshalN, I sure from your blog setting you can see a lot of Chinese tea drinkers visited your blog.

There are millions of overseas (not in China) English educated Chinese tea drinkers who read English blog, some for knowledge, and some for curiosity (and some for amusement) :) .

Those in South East Asia, e.g. Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand including those in Taiwan and Hong Kong are bilingual or multi lingual and have access to many teahouses are very lucky with hands on experience but still curious what other part of the world's perception on Chinese tea. You will be surprised that many of these Chinese can't read and speak Chinese, but converse only in English so they visit English blog to learn tea from there.
When I used the word "Chinese" I mean Chinese in China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong. No, I get very few visitors from those places. - a handful, and I suspect at least some of them are actually foreigners living in those places, because of their language setting.

Feb 7th, '13, 17:41

by apache » Feb 7th, '13, 17:41

MarshalN wrote:
apache wrote:
ChengduCha wrote: ....

While Cloud has started to make and sell cakes a couple of years ago, he's not too serious about it as a business, given the fact that his online shop doesn't even have a shopping cart and has been under construction for ages.

I think everything he did in relation to pu erh had always more to do with his ego than any real commercial ambitions.
As making megabucks is not Cloud's main goal but to be honoured and glorified in the world of pu are his aim, this means he will always be trust worthy and honest when he talks about pu.
How do you know that? He quit his day job and is now a tea seller full time, at least others more knowledgeable have told me. I'm sure it has to pay the bills.
Making some money to pay the bills and having wages for living is one thing, making quick megabucks or even quick bucks is quite another thing.

Feb 9th, '13, 02:03

by fdrx » Feb 9th, '13, 02:03

Someone told me Lau Yu Fat sold out all Cloud's tea after Hobbes wrote a blog on Half-dipper about it last year.
The same thing happened to this naka after TwoDogs wrote a blog :lol:

+ Post Reply