Aged Puerh Brick: Raw or Cooked?

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Jul 7th, '13, 07:26

Re: Aged Puerh Brick: Raw or Cooked?

by Tead Off » Jul 7th, '13, 07:26

MarshalN wrote:
Tead Off wrote:
mr mopu wrote:I have the same one as Apache. Just pulled the wrapper away but no nei fei visible. I wonder if they "submarined" it. As far as I can tell the wrapper was taken off by me tonight for the first time. The wrapper has 2002 stamped on it under the fold of the brick where they sealed it together.
What does the 04-94 refer to that is printed on the back of the wrapper?
Nothing, it's just some registration number.
That's what I figured after seeing many teas with separate stamps denoting the age of the tea. This is also the case on many other types of tea packaging in China.

Jul 7th, '13, 09:27

by mr mopu » Jul 7th, '13, 09:27

Thanks Marshal. Btw nice blog, I have been through all of it.

Jul 7th, '13, 17:53
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Jul 7th, '13, 17:53

Tead Off wrote: What does the 04-94 refer to that is printed on the back of the wrapper?
QB xxx quotes the most recent version of quality standards legislation document. The QB document date is supposed to be before the tea production date, and the tea production date is supposed to be before the publication date of the next version of QB document.
But this is only helpful to date a tea after the authentication of the tea itself, because for the ancient style tea wrapper, it's almost always easier to fake the packaging than faking the tea. :mrgreen:

+ Post Reply