How many Kilograms of puerh do you own?

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

How many Kilograms of puerh do you own? (in kilos) 2 votes!

0-1 kilo
15%
>1-5
12%
>5-10
6%
>10-15
3%
>15-25
5%
>25-35
8%
>35-50
8%
>50-75
1%
>75-100
2%
>100-150
3%
>150-200
2%
>200- ...
3%
Bonus ... not enough for my lifetime
21%
Bonus ... enough for my lifetime
5%
Bonus ... more than enough for my lifetime
4%
Bonus ... enough for many lifetimes O_O
3%

Total votes: 120

Sep 16th, '13, 00:20

Re: How many Kilograms of puerh do you own?

by AllanK » Sep 16th, '13, 00:20

Evan Draper wrote:
Exempt wrote:It's interesting to see what people consider a lifetime of puerh.
It would be funny to think that the 2 people who have >200kg are NOT the same 2 people who said they have enough for many lifetimes.
I would like to know how many different teas the two people who have more than 200 kg of Puerh have?

Oct 4th, '13, 04:37

by Lionel » Oct 4th, '13, 04:37

Approximatively 11kg.
10 years.

- 3% / 70's
- 10% / 80's
- 25% / 90's
- 15% 2000 à 2009
- 50% 2010 and more...

9 kg sheng + 2 kg shu.
Attachments
DSC00152.JPG
DSC00152.JPG (30.57 KiB) Viewed 1916 times

Apr 2nd, '14, 08:10
Vendor Member

by Jingjiatang » Apr 2nd, '14, 08:10

04.jpg
it's our marriage memory cake
04.jpg (40.94 KiB) Viewed 1832 times
03.jpg
messy room
03.jpg (50.37 KiB) Viewed 1832 times
Interesting topic. No surprising that we have more than 200 kilo puerh at our home in Wuhan, which we could never drink up, although some of them may will be disposed some day, especially factories products.
Luckily I found out our marriage memory cake...looks like only two were left with us, others have been given to close friends. Looking through those tea is just like looking through past histories :) That's one of the reasons I appreciate puerh tea---it can be with us for a really long time, and it becomes better when aging.

----Boss is at tea mountain, while I am sticking around :D ----

Apr 2nd, '14, 12:25

by Exempt » Apr 2nd, '14, 12:25

Jingjiatang wrote:
04.jpg
03.jpg
Interesting topic. No surprising that we have more than 200 kilo puerh at our home in Wuhan, which we could never drink up, although some of them may will be disposed some day, especially factories products.
Luckily I found out our marriage memory cake...looks like only two were left with us, others have been given to close friends. Looking through those tea is just like looking through past histories :) That's one of the reasons I appreciate puerh tea---it can be with us for a really long time, and it becomes better when aging.

If you ever decide to dispose of some tea I'll send you my address so you can send it to me and I'll get rid of it for you :lol:

Apr 2nd, '14, 20:06

by bagua7 » Apr 2nd, '14, 20:06

I know one of the users who has ticked the
Bonus ... enough for many lifetimes O_O box. :lol:

May I have some more of your LBZ? It was a real treat, thanks! :)

I got around 30 kg. Plenty but...how much is enough? :mrgreen:
Jingjiatang wrote:----Boss is at tea mountain, while I am sticking around :D ----
Call me next time the boss leaves, so I can drop by and share with you the secret stash, OK? ;) :lol:

Apr 2nd, '14, 21:17

by mr mopu » Apr 2nd, '14, 21:17

Exempt wrote:
Jingjiatang wrote:
04.jpg
03.jpg

If you ever decide to dispose of some tea I'll send you my address so you can send it to me and I'll get rid of it for you :lol:
+1 please add me to the list :mrgreen:

Apr 2nd, '14, 22:24
Vendor Member

by Jingjiatang » Apr 2nd, '14, 22:24

Exempt wrote:
Jingjiatang wrote:
04.jpg
03.jpg

Noted :mrgreen: You know it is common for tea makers to have puerh "enough for many lifetimes". When chatting about what to do with these teas, one of the maker friends said that all his tea will be left to his only son, while another one said that he would use them up by taking bath with puerh tea before he died :D

Apr 2nd, '14, 23:03

by Exempt » Apr 2nd, '14, 23:03

Jingjiatang wrote:
Exempt wrote:
Jingjiatang wrote:
04.jpg
03.jpg

Noted :mrgreen: You know it is common for tea makers to have puerh "enough for many lifetimes". When chatting about what to do with these teas, one of the maker friends said that all his tea will be left to his only son, while another one said that he would use them up by taking bath with puerh tea before he died :D
I wish my dad had a lifetime of tea to give me :mrgreen:
And that tea bath sounds absolutely amazing :shock:

Apr 2nd, '14, 23:43

by chrl42 » Apr 2nd, '14, 23:43

Jingjiatang wrote:
Exempt wrote:
Jingjiatang wrote:
04.jpg
03.jpg

Meanwhile, green tea makers cry :mrgreen:

Apr 3rd, '14, 00:06

by Tead Off » Apr 3rd, '14, 00:06

chrl42 wrote:
Jingjiatang wrote:
Exempt wrote:
Jingjiatang wrote:
04.jpg
03.jpg

Meanwhile, green tea makers cry :mrgreen:
yes, they've been laughing for :D too long.

Apr 3rd, '14, 00:41

by Puerlife » Apr 3rd, '14, 00:41

[/quote]
Noted :mrgreen: You know it is common for tea makers to have puerh "enough for many lifetimes". When chatting about what to do with these teas, one of the maker friends said that all his tea will be left to his only son, while another one said that he would use them up by taking bath with puerh tea before he died :D[/quote]

I'd say pu-erh is looking like a pretty good store of value. I've just sold a little bar of gold to convert to pu-erh. In my heart of hearts there is a speculator but people like me more when I stick to the 'store of value' story. :mrgreen:

Apr 3rd, '14, 01:10
Vendor Member

by Jingjiatang » Apr 3rd, '14, 01:10

:mrgreen: chat above mentioned was about what to do with their puerh when death coming eventually, not that kind of seriously talking, and money was not even considered at that time. :D

Apr 3rd, '14, 01:28

by Puerlife » Apr 3rd, '14, 01:28

OK, no more talk about money. :D You're right, there's enough of that already in other threads. As for me, including the tong I just ordered, I probably have 8 - 10 kilos, but about half of it is tuition, maybe only good for a foot bath.

Apr 3rd, '14, 06:45

by Teaism » Apr 3rd, '14, 06:45

bagua7 wrote:I know one of the users who has ticked the

bagua7,

That story seems to sound very familiar. :lol:

Cheers! :D

Apr 3rd, '14, 20:15

by mr mopu » Apr 3rd, '14, 20:15

Teaism wrote:
bagua7 wrote:I know one of the users who has ticked the

bagua7,

That story seems to sound very familiar. :lol:

Cheers! :D
+1 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

+ Post Reply