My first big bing!

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Aug 12th, '13, 21:17

Re: My first big bing!

by Exempt » Aug 12th, '13, 21:17

mr mopu wrote:
MEversbergII wrote:One thousand grams of pu...good googly moogly. I don't think the fiance would approve. Or maybe she would. Only one way to find out...

Also, I am sending Draper a sample of this, since it took me forever to get the stuff from the teaswap out, so maybe he can chime in.

M.
I have a couple of those 1000 gram cakes from Hai Wan tea factory. I also have a Bada brick from the Menghai Tea factory at 1000 grams also. I have one of the cakes you got also. Not too bad for an every day drink.
I've been thinking of getting one of the 1000g raw bricks just to have for fun.....still haven't done it yet

Aug 12th, '13, 21:21
Vendor Member

by TIM » Aug 12th, '13, 21:21

Big bings are great for aging. Love them for investment purpose.

Aug 12th, '13, 21:26

by shah82 » Aug 12th, '13, 21:26

I've definitely dreamed of buying a pair each of the XZH Nannuo sheng and shu kilo bricks. The only reason I don't like the size is munching from them, and getting two big bricks is very expensive.

And yeah, I think these are a good idea for aging. Iron cakes without the iron pressing. Not so good if you want a humid taste, of course.

Aug 12th, '13, 21:28

by Exempt » Aug 12th, '13, 21:28

shah82 wrote:I've definitely dreamed of buying a pair each of the XZH Nannuo sheng and shu kilo bricks. The only reason I don't like the size is munching from them, and getting two big bricks is very expensive.

And yeah, I think these are a good idea for aging. Iron cakes without the iron pressing. Not so good if you want a humid taste, of course.
Who sells the XZH kilo brick?

Aug 12th, '13, 21:33

by Exempt » Aug 12th, '13, 21:33

TIM wrote:Big bings are great for aging. Love them for investment purpose.
Do you have some?

Aug 12th, '13, 21:42

by shah82 » Aug 12th, '13, 21:42

Nobody in the West! Just like my fantasy of going to the East and browsing the tea markets in Taiwan and HK.

http://www.sanhetang.com.tw/product.asp ... dkind=#aaa

At $280 or so, that's definitely fairly rich for the blood. I can only dream on.

Aug 12th, '13, 21:47

by Exempt » Aug 12th, '13, 21:47

shah82 wrote:Nobody in the West! Just like my fantasy of going to the East and browsing the tea markets in Taiwan and HK.

http://www.sanhetang.com.tw/product.asp ... dkind=#aaa

At $280 or so, that's definitely fairly rich for the blood. I can only dream on.
Have you sampled it or do you want it just because it's a special XZH brick?

Aug 12th, '13, 21:55

by mr mopu » Aug 12th, '13, 21:55

They will probably be drank pretty quick, at least the Bada from Menghai. I guess I have a weakness for Bada products. I am actually waiting for the 2012 brick to get here. The last one my boys and grandkids seem to have nibbled it down on me, and the grandkids are just 7! I am trying to bring them up right to appreciate the tea. I guess some of my stash will be a "tuition" type of deal for them since there are some hard to find ones that I have duplicates of. Tim if you ever want to see the stash let me know I will message you the link and get you to take a look. :P

Aug 12th, '13, 21:57

by Exempt » Aug 12th, '13, 21:57

mr mopu wrote:
They will probably be drank pretty quick, at least the Bada from Menghai. I guess I have a weakness for Bada products. I am actually waiting for the 2012 brick to get here. The last one my boys and grandkids seem to have nibbled it down on me, and the grandkids are just 7! I am trying to bring them up right to appreciate the tea. I guess some of my stash will be a "tuition" type of deal for them since there are some hard to find ones that I have duplicates of. Tim if you ever want to see the stash let me know I will message you the link and get you to take a look. :P
Post a picture in the show off your pu thread :D

Aug 12th, '13, 22:02

by mr mopu » Aug 12th, '13, 22:02

Exempt wrote:
mr mopu wrote:
Post a picture in the show off your pu thread :D
It is from a different site so everyone please excuse me for putting it up. http://steepster.com/mrmopar/cupboard

Aug 12th, '13, 22:03
Vendor Member

by TIM » Aug 12th, '13, 22:03

mr mopu wrote:
Thanks Mr. Mopu. Whats your favorite in the stash?

Aug 12th, '13, 22:07

by mr mopu » Aug 12th, '13, 22:07

TIM wrote:
mr mopu wrote:
Thanks Mr. Mopu. Whats your favorite in the stash?
I have a Menghai 2007 Jade luster shou that I really like. I also have a 2006 and a 2007 Menghai Wei Zui Yan that I really like also. I have some tasting notes but to be honest I drink a lot more than I post.

Aug 12th, '13, 22:58

by shah82 » Aug 12th, '13, 22:58

I have not sampled it. At this point, I probably don't need to. I can guess what the quality will be like--somewhere a bit above those Bulang 600g logs that Houde has. Not mindblowing, but truly good sheng would cost much more, roughly about $450+/kg and up.

Aug 27th, '13, 11:34

by AllanK » Aug 27th, '13, 11:34

AllanK wrote:Try this one, a Chenxiangdaye Mixed Old Tree Ripe Puerh on Ebay, it is huge a 1000g.http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Chenxiangd ... 3849194%26
Got that one in the mail last week from China. It was pretty good, worth the $90 I paid.

Aug 27th, '13, 21:06

by mr mopu » Aug 27th, '13, 21:06

AllanK wrote:
AllanK wrote:Try this one, a Chenxiangdaye Mixed Old Tree Ripe Puerh on Ebay, it is huge a 1000g.http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Chenxiangd ... 3849194%26
Got that one in the mail last week from China. It was pretty good, worth the $90 I paid.
The Lao Tong Zhi is made by a former teamaster from the Menghai factory. The Hai wan brand is pretty reputable for fine tea products. I have a few of these. The Bada version and the High mountain ones are great shou's also.

+ Post Reply