Your Top 3 Shu Pu!

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Sep 5th, '13, 21:07

Re: Your Top 3 Shu Pu!

by debunix » Sep 5th, '13, 21:07

There mght be a few teawares that would make the list of things to be retrieved if there was a luxury of abundant time, but I'd let the tea burn.....

Sep 5th, '13, 23:05

by dan88 » Sep 5th, '13, 23:05

Is there a classic shu, that most long time drinkers would agree it's classic, and they compare other brands/recipes to that classic one? So a novice could take that classic one and start his route from there? So far I just sampled tree different shu (in a different price range) and I can not say they are bad or good, because I've not spent enough time drinking them. And I did not have the one of the classic cakes with which I could compare others. So any recommendations for the classic one, or for three classics? :)

Sep 5th, '13, 23:19

by chrl42 » Sep 5th, '13, 23:19

dan88 wrote:Is there a classic shu, that most long time drinkers would agree it's classic, and they compare other brands/recipes to that classic one? So a novice could take that classic one and start his route from there? So far I just sampled tree different shu (in a different price range) and I can not say they are bad or good, because I've not spent enough time drinking them. And I did not have the one of the classic cakes with which I could compare others. So any recommendations for the classic one, or for three classics? :)
Shu is a probationary product with its history of only 40-some years. You never know how its 'accelerated humidity' will affect your body, second is environtment of making Shu...try to avoid if it has too many man's hair or bugs.

Many people will say Menghai to be a classic or trustful source when it comes to Shu..Haiwan is also another factory founded by ex-worker of Menghai..hope some will add or edit my statement for better :)

Sep 6th, '13, 06:45

by mr mopu » Sep 6th, '13, 06:45

chrl42 wrote:
dan88 wrote:Is there a classic shu, that most long time drinkers would agree it's classic, and they compare other brands/recipes to that classic one? So a novice could take that classic one and start his route from there? So far I just sampled tree different shu (in a different price range) and I can not say they are bad or good, because I've not spent enough time drinking them. And I did not have the one of the classic cakes with which I could compare others. So any recommendations for the classic one, or for three classics? :)
Shu is a probationary product with its history of only 40-some years. You never know how its 'accelerated humidity' will affect your body, second is environtment of making Shu...try to avoid if it has too many man's hair or bugs.

Many people will say Menghai to be a classic or trustful source when it comes to Shu..Haiwan is also another factory founded by ex-worker of Menghai..hope some will add or edit my statement for better :)
+1 for Menghai and Haiwan

Sep 9th, '13, 22:54

by AllanK » Sep 9th, '13, 22:54

Keiki wrote:
AllanK wrote:
Keiki wrote:But I want to see your Top 3 Favorite Shus, my friends :lol:
Naming a top three is an almost impossible proposition. First of all I think you need a top three Sheng and a top three Shu. Second, I have drank so much Puerh in the past 6 months I don't think I could pin down three. I could probably name my top three sources for Puerh, Puerhshop, Yunnan Sourcing, and Pure Puer Tea, not necessarily in that order.
So my friend, if your house was burning down and you had time to get only 3 of your shu cakes, which ones would you get? Or would you save none from your stash because it is an almost impossible proposition? :mrgreen:
I've had my house burn down. There is no possibility you have time to save even one cake, shu or sheng.

Sep 20th, '13, 03:07
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Sep 20th, '13, 03:07

Lacking the spirit of self-sacrifice, I haven't tried as many shu as I could :wink:
But if I were to pick 10 of my favorite shus, I could easily imagine giving 4-5 seats to several dayi shu below 10 years of age - some shus above the age would be great too but I think one of the key strength of shu is it doesn't have to be old to be great.
I would give 3-4 seats to changtai products, primarily from 2 blenders.
Then 1-2 seats for products of smaller factories.
I'm pretty sure my top 10 are not the best 10 in the world, because there are several shu on my wishlist and I believe most of them would be fantastic. They remain on the wishlist instead of in the storage, mainly because they are way more expensive than what I'm willing to pay, and I would rather use the money to get more of the shu that I've already tasted and liked.
For any type of tea, it's nearly impossible to let me pick "one favorite", and picking top 3 is not much easier :mrgreen:

For people who don't like shu, I'm generally on the same side as you. I like shu, but shu is probably one of the tea genres that I'm less interested in :D

+ Post Reply