Flavored pu-erh.

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Flavored pu-erh.

Postby ClarG » Feb 2nd, '14, 00:31

Does anyone here like flavored pu-erh? I know a lot of people here will just like it plain or think flavored pu-erh is gross or wrong.

I bought some Assam tea on the internet from Darlene's tea port tea company in the Midwest for my roommate as a gift. Included with the 4oz of loose leaf 2nd flush tea from the Gingia estate, was a small sample of Scottish Caramel Toffee Pu-erh. I made a cup each for he and I, and we enjoyed it.

For Christmas I received a Mandarin orange with green pu-erh from this tea company as a gift from a friend. http://www.nmteaco.com/puer.html

I have yet to try it. At the store where another friend of mine bought me tea from the NM tea co. for a Christmas present they told him just to use a teaspoon and it was good for multiple steepings.

The NM Tea Co. also sells another flavored pu-erh called Iron silk pu-erh: A very strong puerh is blended with peppermint, clove, and licorice root to create a brew that is strong yet incredibly smooth. The additional ingredients add a tingly spicy note to the cup.

If you drink flavored pu-erh what types do you like? Or do you add any herbs to pu-erh? I personally would not do this to pu-erh from cakes but I will do it with the loose leaf pu-erh I have.
ClarG

Re: Flavored pu-erh.

Postby miig » Feb 2nd, '14, 07:31

Well, why not? I do prefer it pure also, but thats no reason to get puristical here :D
What I wouldn't want is tea that has been 'contaminated' with artificial, chemical flavors: Like "chololate cookie Pu-Erh" or something like that. But blending it with some natural ingredients? Why not... Orange peel might work also :)
miig

Re: Flavored pu-erh.

Postby MEversbergII » Feb 3rd, '14, 10:15

I've had pu'er roasted in a bamboo tube that had a nice flavor to it.

M.
MEversbergII

Instant Messenger

Permissions