vacuumed sealed pu-er with chrysanthemum flower

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

vacuumed sealed pu-er with chrysanthemum flower

Postby pookguy » Feb 2nd, '14, 21:15

IMG_1372.JPG
Back
IMG_1372.JPG (98.42 KiB) Viewed 306 times
IMG_1371.jpg
Front of package
IMG_1371.jpg (54.48 KiB) Viewed 306 times

Hi
I received a gift vacuumed sealed pu-erh and was wondering should I open it and let it age or just leave it in the package and only open when I am ready to drink it. The age is over 15 year, but I know does not matter.

Thanks
pookguy

Re: vacuumed sealed pu-er with chrysanthemum flower

Postby Teaism » Feb 3rd, '14, 00:25

If it is for me, I will open the pack and enjoy the tea. Put them in ziplock after opening them. If it is 15 years for Sheng, then it is really nice. If it is shu, it will start to go sour over the next few years, so finish it fast.

It is good to collect Puer and drink them occasionally to experience their changes over the years. For me, I will drink them no matter how old or new or expensive. It should be a simple enjoyment without all the noises of glamour or speculation.:D
Teaism

Postby pookguy » Feb 3rd, '14, 11:28

Thank you so much for the reply. I will save it for a special day.
pookguy

Postby Exempt » Feb 3rd, '14, 14:54

pookguy wrote:Thank you so much for the reply. I will save it for a special day.

…Isn't that the exact opposite of what Teaism said. I believe that he recommended you open and enjoy the tea regardless of age or price whenever you feel like drinking it.
Exempt

Postby paxl13 » Feb 3rd, '14, 16:29

I like the attitude of Teaism... Life's too short!

Cheers
paxl13

Postby miig » Feb 3rd, '14, 17:17

Yeah, why not open it?
I mean, you've got 357 grams of it right? So why not start it now, and if its really great, you can save 100g or so for special occasions and still enjoy it :) :) :)
miig

Postby pookguy » Feb 3rd, '14, 17:40

It was a gift and I have other teas to drink. Since sealed, the tea has not changed much. I was wondering will opening/age enhance the flavor. The really cool thing to do is open it, break half off and drink and vacuum seal the rest away. Since it is only one cake, i'll save.
pookguy

Postby wyardley » Feb 3rd, '14, 20:29

I'm not so worried about the sourness with ripe tea, but if it's ripe tea, it most likely won't change quite in as dramatic a way as raw.

In general, I don't like my pu'er vacuum sealed, though I know this is a subject on which Teaism may disagree.

In any event, if the tea is mixed with flowers, it's most likely ripe tea, and most likely not super high grade. I would be tempted to open and try it, and then wrap it in some acid-free tissue paper.
wyardley

Instant Messenger

Permissions