Taobao Tea. TOPIC MOVED FOR REVIEW

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Mar 28th, '14, 01:51
Vendor Member

Re: Taobao Tea

by Jingjiatang » Mar 28th, '14, 01:51

Hi AllenK,
Thanks for asking. Most of "sheng" puer in the shop were made by me, which could be easily found out for the cover paper be stamped with Chinese character of "Jingjiatang"(静嘉堂). "Shu" puer are selected from factories or other tea maker(一品致正). Hope that answers your question.

Best

Mar 28th, '14, 08:42

by chrl42 » Mar 28th, '14, 08:42

Jingjiatang wrote:Hi AllenK,
Thanks for asking. Most of "sheng" puer in the shop were made by me, which could be easily found out for the cover paper be stamped with Chinese character of "Jingjiatang"(静嘉堂). "Shu" puer are selected from factories or other tea maker(一品致正). Hope that answers your question.

Best
Thanks, it's awesome to have a tea producer in the forum.

Any chance to have a genuine 'Bingdao' these days? let us know. :D

Mar 28th, '14, 11:21
Vendor Member

by Jingjiatang » Mar 28th, '14, 11:21

chrl42 wrote:

Best

Hi chrl42,
I have no 'Bingdao' in hand.
Best

Apr 29th, '14, 14:12
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Taobao Tea. TOPIC MOVED FOR REVIEW

by Chip » Apr 29th, '14, 14:12

Topic has been reviewed and is now again available to members.

Chip
Immoderate TeaDrinker who happens to Moderate

Apr 30th, '14, 07:56
Vendor Member

by Jingjiatang » Apr 30th, '14, 07:56

I am back :mrgreen:
Thanks Chip.

Apr 30th, '14, 13:27

by bankung » Apr 30th, '14, 13:27

chrl42 wrote:

Best

chrl42, real 'bingdao' gushu maocha price this year is no less than RMB 6000/kg for the tea merchant with inner relationship. The cheapest possible price for consumer is RMB10000 per kilo, but likely, you would have to pay RMB10000 a cake.

May 1st, '14, 02:25

by Tead Off » May 1st, '14, 02:25

Jingjiatang wrote:I am back :mrgreen:
Thanks Chip.
Jingjiatang, I have a good suggestion for you. Why don't you open a thread for your tea sales under TeaMerchant topic here on Teachat. All related tea business can be conducted there, and you can participate in puerh discussions, in general, right here under Puerh. Then, there is no conflict, and you can happily sell tea to the members here very easily. Taobao is a pain for non-Chinese speakers.

May 1st, '14, 19:50

by mr mopu » May 1st, '14, 19:50

Tead Off wrote:
Thanks Chip.
Jingjiatang, I have a good suggestion for you. Why don't you open a thread for your tea sales under TeaMerchant topic here on Teachat. All related tea business can be conducted there, and you can participate in puerh discussions, in general, right here under Puerh. Then, there is no conflict, and you can happily sell tea to the members here very easily. Taobao is a pain for non-Chinese speakers.
+1 I would love to see that site posted in English with the shipping prices I could understand.

May 1st, '14, 20:26
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » May 1st, '14, 20:26

mr mopu wrote:
Tead Off wrote:
Thanks Chip.
+1 I would love to see that site posted in English with the shipping prices I could understand.
FYI, this discussion was initiated privately in March. Stay tuned. :wink:

May 1st, '14, 20:45

by mr mopu » May 1st, '14, 20:45

Chip wrote:
mr mopu wrote:
Tead Off wrote:
Thanks Chip.
FYI, this discussion was initiated privately in March. Stay tuned. :wink:
Thanks Chip!

May 3rd, '14, 00:03

by AllanK » May 3rd, '14, 00:03

mr mopu wrote:
Tead Off wrote:
Thanks Chip.
I am planning on ordering from his site in a couple of months but would have to use a proxy.

May 4th, '14, 22:12

by chrl42 » May 4th, '14, 22:12

bankung wrote:
chrl42 wrote:

Best

chrl42, real 'bingdao' gushu maocha price this year is no less than RMB 6000/kg for the tea merchant with inner relationship. The cheapest possible price for consumer is RMB10000 per kilo, but likely, you would have to pay RMB10000 a cake.
Thanks for confirming me 'Dao'....and hell nah I can't afford 'Bing' :mrgreen:

May 9th, '14, 06:06
Vendor Member

by Jingjiatang » May 9th, '14, 06:06

In regard Bingdao, there are three different villages, tea from all these villages can be called "Bingdao" generally. Actually prices vary: according to a friend, for the best Bingdao Gushu this spring, maocha are sold at 18k to 20k per kilo, and fresh leaves for 6k/kilo. He did not buy any at last :twisted:

May 11th, '14, 23:11

by chrl42 » May 11th, '14, 23:11

I don't think the prices are normal, but there's also another way to look at.

Before the PRC was founded, high-quality tea or Yixing teapot was pretty a thing for the rich or nobles.

Beijingers and Szecwanese couldn't get the fresh leaves (High quality teas would be shipped via canals but not normal people's) because the distance was long...so they added Jasmine or flowers.

Peeps in Tibet and Mongols drank really low-graded teas from the mainland..they added salt, sugar, jujube etc to make up the blanks.

Yixing Zhuni was like a symbol for finance during Qing. Rich Cantonese and Fukienese would directly visit Yixing and custom-order the pots. Meanwhile, normal Gongfu drinkers used Shantou teapots.

Things had been radically changed since the Sino-Japanese war and mainly the Cultural Revolution. The class had been vanished..and all old things and antiques were regarded as 'bourgeois' left-overs. The price literally collapsed and after Deng Xiao-ping, 'Made In China' things came around.

And whom benefited from these disasters are HKers and the Taiwanese. Whom just took lots and lots of Puerh and Yixings and antiques when they were hella cheap. I've heard those who started Puerh business in 8~90s in Taiwan now all became rich! Envy :mrgreen:

May 12th, '14, 01:08
Vendor Member

by Jingjiatang » May 12th, '14, 01:08

vivianrichardson wrote:For shopping tea, Money is just a number now.
So expensive. and now I give up tea drinking per morning.
don't! :D There are still many choices there affordable, as long as we are not seeking for the best of the best ones. Anything of the top class in this world is hardly cheep :D

+ Post Reply