Advice for closet pumidor setup

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

May 25th, '14, 13:38

by Rdeitz » May 25th, '14, 13:38

I am attempting to create a pumidor in a closet. Here is a picture of the space. I am considering adding a cigar oasis humidifier, this model:

http://www.cigarfresh.com/en/cigar-humd ... gna-detail

Any advice? Do any of you have a closet pumidor and if so, how is it working out? Any recent experience with cigar oasis? I know some prefer an aristocrat or hydra, I have read most of those threads.

Also, I am storing sheng and shu and the shu stink seems awfully strong sometimes. I have cakes in boxes, but wondering if that is a concern.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (76.46 KiB) Viewed 1313 times

May 25th, '14, 14:00

by Exempt » May 25th, '14, 14:00

Rdeitz wrote:I am attempting to create a pumidor in a closet. Here is a picture of the space. I am considering adding a cigar oasis humidifier, this model:

http://www.cigarfresh.com/en/cigar-humd ... gna-detail

Any advice? Do any of you have a closet pumidor and if so, how is it working out? Any recent experience with cigar oasis? I know some prefer an aristocrat or hydra, I have read most of those threads.

Also, I am storing sheng and shu and the shu stink seems awfully strong sometimes. I have cakes in boxes, but wondering if that is a concern.
Since you've read the threads I assume you already know, but the guy who designed the aristocrat originally designed the cigar oasis for the company with a lot of price and mechanical constraints. It is cheaper, but the parts and mechanics are sub par compared to the aristocrat. Some people have no problems, others have the oasis fail fairly quickly. I've had the aristocrat for a year or two and I love it so far. As far as Sheng and shu, they should not be stored in the same pumidor. Being separated in boxes may help but I personally wouldn't risk it.

May 25th, '14, 14:46

Re: Advice for closet pumidor setup

by Rdeitz » May 25th, '14, 14:46

Thanks. I just found what I think is a decent solution. I have a large food dehydrator which is like a big plastic cabinet. At least for now, I can store my shu inside boxes inside there. Not perfect, but I think that will keep things separated enough for now.

May 25th, '14, 18:29

Re: Advice for closet pumidor setup

by AllanK » May 25th, '14, 18:29

If I had a spare closet I would try the same. Good luck.

Allan Keane

+ Post Reply