Tea Stalks


One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Tea Stalks

Postby kyarazen » May 29th, '14, 12:25

Image

what can be inferred from tea stalks like this?
any fellow plant biologist/botanist around here? 8)
User avatar
kyarazen
 
Posts: 710
Joined: Sep 2nd, '1
Location: in your tea closet

Re: Tea Stalks

Postby Tead Off » May 29th, '14, 12:55

Definitely not fake. :D
User avatar
Tead Off
Vendor Member
 
Posts: 3550
Joined: Apr 1st, '0
Location: Bangkok

Re: Tea Stalks

Postby kyarazen » May 29th, '14, 13:26

Tead Off wrote:Definitely not fake. :D

??!!.... :?: :?:
User avatar
kyarazen
 
Posts: 710
Joined: Sep 2nd, '1
Location: in your tea closet

Re: Tea Stalks

Postby kyarazen » May 29th, '14, 13:31

petiole's dismally a little short
signs of petiole scarification suggesting that there are probably approx 10 flushes prior to this
stipular regions and the base of the petiole exhibits strong signs of lignification...
differential coloration between leaves as well....

hmm..

1) gushu or plantation?
2) which season?
3) pure or blended?
User avatar
kyarazen
 
Posts: 710
Joined: Sep 2nd, '1
Location: in your tea closet

Re: Tea Stalks

Postby William » May 29th, '14, 15:34

kyarazen wrote:petiole's dismally a little short
signs of petiole scarification suggesting that there are probably approx 10 flushes prior to this
stipular regions and the base of the petiole exhibits strong signs of lignification...
differential coloration between leaves as well....

hmm..

1) gushu or plantation?
2) which season?
3) pure or blended?


If I correctly understood, that cuts on the petiole zone, is the sign of harvests previous to this? What lignification suggests?
Could you confirm that the midrib zone, is different between those leaves?
William
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Jul 10th, '
Location: Italy, EU.

Re: Tea Stalks

Postby Evan Draper » May 30th, '14, 16:16

BOSS
User avatar
Evan Draper
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Jan 23rd, '
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Tea Stalks

Postby chrl42 » May 30th, '14, 21:53

It's a trait of Small-leaf-variety as I know.
User avatar
chrl42
 
Posts: 1612
Joined: Mar 22nd, '
Location: Beijing

Re: Tea Stalks

Postby kyarazen » May 30th, '14, 21:54

chrl42 wrote:It's a trait of Small-leaf-variety as I know.


why so biologically?
User avatar
kyarazen
 
Posts: 710
Joined: Sep 2nd, '1
Location: in your tea closet

Re: Tea Stalks

Postby chrl42 » May 30th, '14, 21:59

kyarazen wrote:
chrl42 wrote:It's a trait of Small-leaf-variety as I know.


why so biologically?

no I don't know much. I just heard it's how they pluck in Yunnan and process into tea,
User avatar
chrl42
 
Posts: 1612
Joined: Mar 22nd, '
Location: Beijing

Re: Tea Stalks

Postby kyarazen » May 30th, '14, 22:12

chrl42 wrote:
kyarazen wrote:
chrl42 wrote:It's a trait of Small-leaf-variety as I know.


why so biologically?

no I don't know much. I just heard it's how they pluck in Yunnan and process into tea,


source of info and references preferred.
User avatar
kyarazen
 
Posts: 710
Joined: Sep 2nd, '1
Location: in your tea closet

Re: Tea Stalks

Postby chrl42 » May 30th, '14, 22:22

kyarazen wrote:
chrl42 wrote:
kyarazen wrote:
chrl42 wrote:It's a trait of Small-leaf-variety as I know.


why so biologically?

no I don't know much. I just heard it's how they pluck in Yunnan and process into tea,


source of info and references preferred.

next time maybe.
User avatar
chrl42
 
Posts: 1612
Joined: Mar 22nd, '
Location: Beijing


Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation