CaiCheng Puerh

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Feb 20th, '16, 04:03

CaiCheng Puerh

by roygbiv » Feb 20th, '16, 04:03

I have a question about CaiCheng tea company, which you may have seen their products sold for very entry-level prices on AliExpress and other online markets. Are they reputable? Their website from their facebook isn't working. Was their tea of such a poor quality that they went bust?

I just purchased US $120 of CaiCheng from AliExpress blindly. I've never tried their tea but I recently relocated to a new country and my stocks are dangerously low.
Last edited by roygbiv on Feb 24th, '16, 09:20, edited 1 time in total.

Feb 21st, '16, 09:49

Re: CaiCheng Puerh

by bellmont » Feb 21st, '16, 09:49

At a general level most vendors off AliExpress are not reputable. I have not had CaiCheng but there are plenty of discussions on this forum which describe bad puerh purchased off these sites for 'ROCK BOTTOM' prices :). Looking at CaiCheng, I notice a similar price structure with many cakes under 50 USD with free shipping, meaning the cakes probably costed the retailer much less to acquire. This in turn narrows the chance of finding drinkable tea when purchasing blind.

Feb 24th, '16, 09:19

Re: CaiCheng Puerh

by roygbiv » Feb 24th, '16, 09:19

Thank you. I shop there very discriminately and know all the obvious traps to avoid(most 'ripe", anything older than about 2000). It is the subtle traps that I'm unsure of.

+ Post Reply