Getting What You Pay For - A Rant Against Bargain Hunting

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

May 27th, '08, 13:30

by hop_goblin » May 27th, '08, 13:30

GeoffK wrote:
jogrebe wrote: Especially since Jim is so open to and responded to feedback we should make it easy for him to meet our puerh needs.
Absolutely. He's won me over by his approach. My reviews both positive and negative are up. He'll be getting another order from me the next go around (I currently have a few things in route from Hou De and a couple other places so that may not be for a couple weeks).
If you order from HouDe you will generally recieve it in a couple of days!

Jun 6th, '08, 17:22

by streetspirit » Jun 6th, '08, 17:22

Very nice thread to read. My personal experience is that I was lucky (or unlucky) enough to get my first taste of Pu erh from Hou de. The tea was pretty expensive for my budget, so I bought a small sample. I remember thinking it was a good tea, but never thought it was anything special. I just assumed that all pu-erh would taste the same way. How wrong I was! I proceeded to buy cheaper Pu from various other sources (including Hou de). Two years have passed, and I've never tasted Pu-erh as good as the first batch. It was only then that I realized how good my first pu erh was in comparison. So if I had to do it all over again, I would work my way from the bottom up slowly :wink:

+ Post Reply