Pu Erh Box Pass

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Aug 18th, '08, 15:07
Scrolling: scrolling

by Dizzwave » Aug 18th, '08, 15:07

Sounds good.. Shogun, if you want to be the list-keeper, perhaps you should start a new thread, the official pu-erh box pass thread, and the first post will contain the list of people, the rules, the deadline, etc. Then you can just keep editing that first post. (Like Victoria did for oolong.)

Getting my wisdom teeth pulled was actually a good experience. They gave me laughing gas *and* opiates to put me under.... so needless to say I was in a pretty good mood when I woke up! 8) Even afterward there was not much pain involved -- I wouldn't worry about it. Anyway good luck!
Oh, and drink lots of shu! Remember when hopGoblin had something up with his foot, shu kept the infections at bay. :)

Aug 18th, '08, 15:13

by shogun89 » Aug 18th, '08, 15:13

Dizzwave wrote:Sounds good.. Shogun, if you want to be the list-keeper, perhaps you should start a new thread, the official pu-erh box pass thread, and the first post will contain the list of people, the rules, the deadline, etc. Then you can just keep editing that first post. (Like Victoria did for oolong.)

Getting my wisdom teeth pulled was actually a good experience. They gave me laughing gas *and* opiates to put me under.... so needless to say I was in a pretty good mood when I woke up! 8) Even afterward there was not much pain involved -- I wouldn't worry about it. Anyway good luck!
Oh, and drink lots of shu! Remember when hopGoblin had something up with his foot, shu kept the infections at bay. :)
I will make that new post right now, I'm glad to hear that it wont be that bad, I'm not too worried about it, I know I'll be fine. I will be drinking tea all day if I'm allowed.

Aug 18th, '08, 16:13

by Victoria » Aug 18th, '08, 16:13

Goold luck guys!! I PM'd Dave with a few mentions, but it looks like you have it under control and ready to fly!

Aug 18th, '08, 16:22

by Dizzwave » Aug 18th, '08, 16:22

Yes, Victoria made a good point in her PM to me: we should keep teapots and other heavy and/or fragile stuff out. It would be nice to keep the box light, for postage purposes. (Thanks again Victoria!)

Aug 18th, '08, 18:16

by Salsero » Aug 18th, '08, 18:16

shogun89 wrote: I am getting 4 wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow and simply put its going to be one hell of a day.
Nonsense. It's just a day when you don't have to do anything you don't feel like doing. Hang out, snooze, read, TeaChat, cutout paper dolls, play with your toes, eat ice cream, make prank calls, practice your impersonations, catch up on your meditation skills, get someone to treat you like a baby ....

Eww, despite TomVerlain's excessively graphic description, the teabag thing really is often recommended. Your doc will tell you about all that stuff tomorrow anyway. I'm looking at TomVerlain's number of posts and thinking that for this pass (as for the other two passes) there should exceptions for people born in the 17th century. He has only 35 posts, but almost all of them are in the Puerh Threads and he has impeccable credentials as a pu-head. Can't exclude someone like that, can you?

Aug 18th, '08, 18:24

by shogun89 » Aug 18th, '08, 18:24

TomVerlain wrote:I am under the 75 posts, but I could make that up today if neccessary :roll:

I remebered something about tea from when I had my wisdom teeth removed in the middle 17th century ...

A certain amount of bleeding is to be expected following surgery. Slight bleeding, oozing, or redness in the saliva is not uncommon and may persist for 24 hours. Excessive bleeding may be controlled by first rinsing or wiping any old clots from your mouth, then placing a gauze pad over the area and biting firmly for thirty minutes. Repeat if necessary. If bleeding continues, bite on a moistened tea bag for thirty minutes. The tannic acid in the tea bag helps to form a clot by contracting bleeding vessels. To minimize further bleeding, do not become excited, sit upright, and avoid exercise. If brisk bleeding does not subside, call for further instructions.

So , do not become excited (stop reading tea chat?)
and apply tea

good luck
Thanks Tom,
Is biting on a teabag really recommended? anyway if you want to get in the pass you can, It was mostly set in place to deter some new joiners that may not be serious but instead just looking for an easy way to get free tea. If you want to join tell me and your in. :D

Aug 18th, '08, 18:46

by Dizzwave » Aug 18th, '08, 18:46

I don't know, Tom.... get postin'!!! :twisted: only 40 more to go! <cracks whip>
just kidding.... of course you can join :D

Aug 18th, '08, 18:48

by shogun89 » Aug 18th, '08, 18:48

Dizzwave wrote:I don't know, Tom.... get postin'!!! :twisted: only 40 more to go! <cracks whip>
just kidding.... of course you can join :D
At this point we may actually have to ask people to join! No one has replied all day, I'm absolutely shocked! It may just be a little box that goes back and forth between us Dave. Oh well more tea for us! hehe. :D

Aug 18th, '08, 18:50

by shogun89 » Aug 18th, '08, 18:50

TomVerlain wrote:yes - tom wants to play tea pass...

and yes, it really is true that bitting a teabag is recommended

see wikipedia for more than you really want to know

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisdom_teeth
thanks for the link, you are being added to the list. :D

Aug 18th, '08, 19:06

by Salsero » Aug 18th, '08, 19:06

This Tom will also join. Don't worry. It takes a week or two to build up the box pass.

Aug 18th, '08, 19:16

by shogun89 » Aug 18th, '08, 19:16

Salsero wrote:This Tom will also join. Don't worry. It takes a week or two to build up the box pass.
Added! :D :D

Aug 18th, '08, 19:26

by shogun89 » Aug 18th, '08, 19:26

If the package is kept at about 1 pound and as long as there is nothing bulky it can be mailed in a large envelop inside some bubble wrap to protect the leaves for about $5 using priority mail, about 1-5 within the U.S. Or using a box under 12*12*12 weighing about 2 pounds can be shipped for about $7.

I dont know, its all up to what you put in it Dave. Its safe to say that shipping will cost only about $10 AT MOST.

+ Post Reply