Pu Erh Box Pass

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Aug 19th, '08, 16:27

by shogun89 » Aug 19th, '08, 16:27

Dizzwave wrote:I was just PMing with orguz (from Canada) and he's considering just sending me some tea to help with the starter, and not receiving any. I told him I don't mind paying the shipping for the first pass to Canada, and that he should join the box pass full-on, but we'll see what he says.
Anyway, I was thinking of starting it off with ~20g each of 5-10 of my favorite young shengs, and ~20g each of ~5 of my favorite shus.
Each person can take as much as they want, as long as they
1) don't take more than 5g of any one tea, and
2) put in at least as much weight as they take out.

Sound reasonable?
dave
That sounds very reasonable, I guess I can see what kind of teas I want for Christmas now. I just realized, do you know how amazing this box is going to smell!!!!!!

Aug 19th, '08, 17:18

by shogun89 » Aug 19th, '08, 17:18

OK, the lost has been semi finalized for now. I put everyone in order as best I could from where they told me they wanted to be located. Does the lineup look good?

Aug 19th, '08, 17:55

by heavydoom » Aug 19th, '08, 17:55

i just don't have time to do this. sorry guys and girls, i wish you the best on this box pass thing.

however, anyone from toronto, scarborough area, pm me. you are more than welcome to come over to my joint on a weekend for a heavy tea session with me. you can bring some tea over too.

Aug 19th, '08, 17:57

by shogun89 » Aug 19th, '08, 17:57

heavydoom wrote:i just don't have time to do this. sorry guys and girls, i wish you the best on this box pass thing.

however, anyone from toronto, scarborough area, pm me. you are more than welcome to come over to my joint on a weekend for a heavy tea session with me. you can bring some tea over too.
It wont be the same without you heavy. :cry: :cry:

Aug 19th, '08, 20:27

by orguz » Aug 19th, '08, 20:27

we should organise a get together in the future and share a really good cake that we all chipped in to buy.

Aug 19th, '08, 21:20

by tony shlongini » Aug 19th, '08, 21:20

Quite reasonable, and a good starting point, I would think.

The point to remember is that endeavors such as these are not for the purpose of stockpiling wares. Rather, it's an opportunity to taste something you may otherwise not have a chance to try. It's quite possible that when the box comes around, you may already be familiar with half (or more) of its contents. But that's offset by human nature- the less likely you are to find something new in the box, the happier you are to do so.

Although you may have to go through an ounce or so of a particular tea to decide if it's really for your, a single serving, run through all of the steepings, should provide most of the information you'll need to know.

The gentlemanly thing to do is to replenish the box with more than you withdraw. Do this, and it will flourish.

Aug 19th, '08, 21:25
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Aug 19th, '08, 21:25

heavydoom wrote: i just don't have time to do this.
:cry:

Aug 19th, '08, 23:31

by Geekgirl » Aug 19th, '08, 23:31

I might be up for this, as long as it's not right away. I have pu samples stockpiled around here so bad they fall out of the tea cupboard when I open the door. :shock:

Aug 20th, '08, 08:11

by brandon » Aug 20th, '08, 08:11

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:I might be up for this, as long as it's not right away. I have pu samples stockpiled around here so bad they fall out of the tea cupboard when I open the door. :shock:
I have this problem. Someone help me out.

Aug 20th, '08, 09:34

by shogun89 » Aug 20th, '08, 09:34

tony shlongini wrote:Quite reasonable, and a good starting point, I would think.

The point to remember is that endeavors such as these are not for the purpose of stockpiling wares. Rather, it's an opportunity to taste something you may otherwise not have a chance to try. It's quite possible that when the box comes around, you may already be familiar with half (or more) of its contents. But that's offset by human nature- the less likely you are to find something new in the box, the happier you are to do so.

Although you may have to go through an ounce or so of a particular tea to decide if it's really for your, a single serving, run through all of the steepings, should provide most of the information you'll need to know.

The gentlemanly thing to do is to replenish the box with more than you withdraw. Do this, and it will flourish.
Very well said Tony, and Geekgirl and brandon, it sounds like you could be some donates to me. :D

Aug 23rd, '08, 12:09

TO DIZZWAVE

by orguz » Aug 23rd, '08, 12:09

Hey Dave,

Today I mailed out my 5 samples and threw in a haiwan 958 tuo the last minute. You probably get it within a week. Be careful when you open the bubble envelope, the sample packages might have spilled out due to transit agitation, the zipbags could have come undone.

Hope you'll enjoy them and leave some for SHOGUN89 :twisted:

Aug 23rd, '08, 13:04

Re: TO DIZZWAVE

by shogun89 » Aug 23rd, '08, 13:04

orguz wrote:Hey Dave,

Today I mailed out my 5 samples and threw in a haiwan 958 tuo the last minute. You probably get it within a week. Be careful when you open the bubble envelope, the sample packages might have spilled out due to transit agitation, the zipbags could have come undone.

Hope you'll enjoy them and leave some for SHOGUN89 :twisted:
Thanks for the contribution! Are you sure you still dont want to be in it? Well, anyway thanks, its highly appreciated! :D :D

Aug 24th, '08, 00:55

by devites » Aug 24th, '08, 00:55

Am I too late to join in? If not add me so I have like a month because I think I am getting the HUGE tea pass box pretty soon.

Aug 24th, '08, 13:54

by shogun89 » Aug 24th, '08, 13:54

devites wrote:Am I too late to join in? If not add me so I have like a month because I think I am getting the HUGE tea pass box pretty soon.
Nope, your not too late. You have been added! :D

Oct 5th, '08, 05:30

by tsusentei » Oct 5th, '08, 05:30

I would definitely like a stab at this, too! I have loads of lovely puers to contribute, as well.

+ Post Reply