OFFICIAL PUERH BOX PASS

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Jul 29th, '10, 11:13

Re: OFFICIAL PUERH BOX PASS

by TwoPynts » Jul 29th, '10, 11:13

Chip wrote:...This would require an established member of at least one year, and an active and regular poster on the forum (this is a bit arbitrary). This member would head up the box pass...
I see. Well, I'll check back in with this thread in 11 months then. :lol:

Sorry to hear some boxes disappeared. It is unfortunate. In photography forum I am a member of, we sent around a miniature Grover doll for the various member to take location photos where they lived (think garden gnomes). People added things to the package as it traveled around the world and sadly it disappeared before ever returning home. :(

Jul 29th, '10, 12:25
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jul 29th, '10, 12:25

Box Pass is based on a certain level of trust, however you simply cannot trust everyone ... sad to say.

About the only way to assure the continuation is as Adam mentioned, plus a deposit made by the receiving member(s) prior to sending to them. Not a popular notion. But even all this is not a guarantee.

The only box pass that was "lost" was the pu-erh box pass I thought? Was there more than one?

Bottom line, nobody ever heard from Polyhymnianmuse again and this is a big country ...

Jul 29th, '10, 13:01

by AdamMY » Jul 29th, '10, 13:01

I think a few of us off the board got together to do our own little Oolong box pass, and that one vanished, the person who it was sent to claimed they never received it.

Jul 29th, '10, 13:20

by shogun89 » Jul 29th, '10, 13:20

Chip wrote:
Bottom line, nobody ever heard from Polyhymnianmuse again and this is a big country ...

Not that we know he is the cause of the disappearance, though very likely. It is awfully pathetic to take a box of puerh samples... like really how low can one get?

Jul 29th, '10, 19:30
Scrolling: fixed

by TomVerlain » Jul 29th, '10, 19:30

in real life sometimes terrible things happen, like your child dies or your car is hit and cut in half by an 18 wheeler.

Following up on the box pass slips from the top of the to do list.

One hopes that if no one has heard from the last person, that they are alright and it is just an oversight that the box did not get forwarded.

think no ill of the pu'erh drinkers, for they shall inherit the beeng

Jul 30th, '10, 16:10
Scrolling: scrolling

by Drax » Jul 30th, '10, 16:10

I tried getting up interesting in a second box about 8 months ago or so... we didn't get past but 4 or 5 people interested at the time.

P. Muse was in the middle of a move, IIRC, and he stopped visiting the forums completely around the same time. Into the black vortex....

Aug 6th, '10, 10:16

by jackdaniel » Aug 6th, '10, 10:16

With Fall fast-approaching, I say it's time to give it another go soon... Maybe a poll to gauge interest at the end of August, beginning of September?

+ Post Reply