2007 Mengku Wild Arbor King

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Aug 26th, '08, 18:48

by heavydoom » Aug 26th, '08, 18:48

more haiwan goodies here.

http://www.tuochatea.com/haiwan.htm

it seems that either scott is copying the write up for the cakes from this site or it's the reverse.

has anyone ordered from this company before? i have a supsicion that scott deals with this company. i am thinking of ordering from this company in the near future.

Aug 26th, '08, 18:51
Scrolling: scrolling

by brandon » Aug 26th, '08, 18:51

I have not ordered from them, but they seem to have one of the most complete selections of Haiwan awesome. I have been intrigued for awhile.

Aug 26th, '08, 18:54

by heavydoom » Aug 26th, '08, 18:54

me too. i have a good gut feeling about this company. i shall order from them next year. i have bought enough tea this year. if the tea goup, so be it. nothing i can do about inflation. c'est la vie.

my first love is for mengku shuangjiang, then haiwan.

Aug 26th, '08, 21:30

Old favorite

by Jim Liu » Aug 26th, '08, 21:30

Mengku Shuangjiang cakes were used to be my favorites. As a matter of the fact, Puerhshop started with a few offerings from Mengku Shuangjiang tea factory.

Last year I moved away from this factory partly because of some talks I heared. It was said that Mengku Shuangjiang tea factory processed maocha in their workshops by baking! - unlike most factories that bought ready made sun dried maocha.

Someone went as far as saying that Mengku Shuangjiang teas would be great for immediately consumption, but they would not age well.

However, my current limited Mengku Shuangjiang stock did well in terms of aging, go figure.

Aug 26th, '08, 23:24

by teakid » Aug 26th, '08, 23:24

That may be why Mengku Shuangjiang arbor cakes are a bit cheaper than arbor cakes from other factories. Whatever the case may be, Mengku cakes are pretty good to me.

Aug 27th, '08, 11:44
Scrolling: scrolling

by Dizzwave » Aug 27th, '08, 11:44

I've ordered from tuochatea, and they're great. They pack really well, and label thoroughly in English. I had to air out the teas for a day after receiving them though, because they all smelled like the inside of the cardboard box they'd been packed in.. :) no biggie.
Yeah, I noticed some similar descriptions between their site and Scott's.. I wonder who copied?

+ Post Reply