Hmmm... you pu heads...

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Postby Dizzwave » Aug 28th, '08, 15:53

hop_goblin wrote:You will be surprised how much more aroma, flavor and less astringency you will have just kicking back the degree of the water a couple o notches.
More good advice! In fact it's just the excuse I needed to go back and try all my young shengs again. :) Thanks hop.
Dizzwave

Postby hop_goblin » Aug 28th, '08, 16:22

Dizzwave wrote:
hop_goblin wrote:You will be surprised how much more aroma, flavor and less astringency you will have just kicking back the degree of the water a couple o notches.
More good advice! In fact it's just the excuse I needed to go back and try all my young shengs again. :) Thanks hop.

Let me know how it works out!
hop_goblin

Postby uniformsquare » Oct 9th, '08, 08:09

I have never tried brewing sheng with anything below 212F in the water department. This may be a terrible idea, what about trying a steep at 170F? Should I try this with 2003 keyixing yiwu pu-erh or is this the worst idea since chicken fried bacon?
uniformsquare

Postby beecrofter » Oct 9th, '08, 08:29

One of the first pieces of advice I recieved when I first started was to try a sheng I found bitter and astringent again with slightly cooler water at around 190. A world of difference.
beecrofter

Postby hop_goblin » Oct 9th, '08, 12:36

beecrofter wrote:One of the first pieces of advice I recieved when I first started was to try a sheng I found bitter and astringent again with slightly cooler water at around 190. A world of difference.

When it comes to pu-erh, it is all about adjustment. :D
hop_goblin

Previous

Instant Messenger

Permissions