US Customs Agents love good Puer?

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Jun 12th, '14, 19:27

Re: US Customs Agents love good Puer?

by shah82 » Jun 12th, '14, 19:27

It might be a USDA holdup. Peeps being worried about exotic potential pest bugs sheltering in the bamboo. Dry, ripe, bamboo should not be a problem, but the inspectors may be humorless. In one case a few months ago, a famous Morroccan flautist, who made his own set of reeds, had his instruments destroyed before his eyes by a customs agent being an (probably racist) asshole, even though his set was not actually illegal to transport.

Jun 12th, '14, 20:05

by AllanK » Jun 12th, '14, 20:05

It should be noted that Tuocha Tea thinks that this tea in bamboo is the problem too. They have, with my approval, chosen to withhold it from their reshipment. I actually spoke to the people at US Customs. They say they don't have my package because the scan doesn't say they do , but it could also be held up at postal customs, or they could have it at US Customs and have not scanned it.

Jun 12th, '14, 20:39

by AllanK » Jun 12th, '14, 20:39

Perhaps we should suggest to the Chinese they place idiot labeling in English for the specific benefit of customs agents who on the whole have seem to have low IQs. If that tea was labeled clearly and in English, "Tea in Bamboo" perhaps these things wouldn't get stuck in customs. Don't leave anything to the imagination of a customs official.

+ Post Reply