Scented/flavored Pu?

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Oct 27th, '08, 21:41

by odarwin » Oct 27th, '08, 21:41

hi guys!
just something to share about flavored pu erh...
goring up in a chinese family, i often hear my parents and aunties say these...

ju-pu cha(mandarin) or kok-bo cha(cantonese) in chinese is chrysanthemum-pu erh tea, this gives a slight cooling effect to the body, as pu erh is a bit neutral to warm, and chrysanthemum is cooling, so it will balance their effects out... thus in hong kong, people usually order this tea during dimsum in the summer time...

as for rose and pu erh, i dont know how its called but im not aware of any cooling or neutral effect... but its more of a fragrance effect... just to balance out the "off" flavors of some pu erh...

-darwin

May 13th, '14, 23:27

Re: Scented/flavored Pu?

by AllanK » May 13th, '14, 23:27

There is a Ronzhen 2004 Camellia Flower Teacake in this thread that looks interesting. I notice it is still available at Yunnan Sourcing. Has anyone tried one recently? Are they any good. I am going to try to replicate the taste of this by adding bits of a Camellia Flower Cake (no tea, just flower) that I bought from Yunnan Sourcing to some good Sheng Puerh.

On the subject of additions to Puerh in general I have been experimenting with adding dried orange/tangerine peel to ripe puerh. I find it a flavorful combination.

May 14th, '14, 16:13

Re:

by Evan Draper » May 14th, '14, 16:13

Fatman2 wrote:Of the ones i have tried, the nuomi or glutinous rice flavour ones are my favorite.
I agree, this will serve if you've eaten yourself immobile. Otherwise, ditto on the crayons.

+ Post Reply