Awazon Sheng

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Nov 4th, '08, 17:22

by thanks » Nov 4th, '08, 17:22

To put things into perspective, you could get a single cake from a very well known and respected factory that's already two years old, http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-Menghai-Factor ... m153.l1262

Plus it's recipe includes teas from Ba Da and Yiwu mountains.

Nov 4th, '08, 17:39

by shogun89 » Nov 4th, '08, 17:39

Just a tad bit expensive though. . . .

Nov 4th, '08, 17:41

by puerhking » Nov 4th, '08, 17:41

shogun89 wrote:Heres a few other cakes that interest me. . . .
http://cgi.ebay.com/06-Guanzizai-Yiwu-A ... dZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-Yiwu-Ancient-T ... dZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/07-Awazon-Mijin-Exc ... dZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-Qiaomu-Arbor-R ... dZViewItem

and PuerhKing. . . . I noticed how you said you have a few of these, I was just wondering if you could compare the flavor to any other cake. I imagine these cakes tasting very similar to that 2003 Keyixing Yiwu cake from puerh shop, probably light in flavor, smooth and well balanced. If you have tried that cake, how do they compare in flavor? Also have you tried putting more leaf in the pot for your brew to try to get more flavor? Also do the large leaves that are shown on the outside run all the way through the cake? Sorry for putting you on the spot here and asking you tons of questions, but you are really my only source of info for these cakes.
Thanks
I do not have the Keyixing cake. However light in flavor, smooth and well balanced sounds about right. The leaves appear to be the same through the cake. I have put more leaf in the pot and ultimately decided that it did not enhance it. I brewed some today and stand by what I have said. I am glad that I have two of them. I do not necessarly wish that I had a tong.....though if I did I would not regret it. Personally I would do two given the price break on shipping the second. As others have said there are plenty if you really like it. Perhaps you just like the idea of purchasing a tong as I know I do. :P

Nov 4th, '08, 18:07
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Nov 4th, '08, 18:07

puerhking wrote: Perhaps you just like the idea of purchasing a tong as I know I do.
Even the word sound cool! I don't have a tong of anything.

Unfortunately, I can't even imagine ever drinking a tong of anything.

Nov 4th, '08, 19:17

by shogun89 » Nov 4th, '08, 19:17

I just want the darn tong! Could you imagine . . . . friends come over, "whats that?"
"Oh, thats just my tong of pu"

Nov 4th, '08, 19:39

by PolyhymnianMuse » Nov 4th, '08, 19:39

shogun89 wrote:I just want the darn tong! Could you imagine . . . . friends come over, "whats that?"
A whole tong is priced about the same as some individual cakes so I mean it wouldnt be a hit so hard in the wallet, and you could always just store it away or drink some now, have some in a few years, etc.

Nov 4th, '08, 19:55

by shogun89 » Nov 4th, '08, 19:55

PolyhymnianMuse wrote:
shogun89 wrote:I just want the darn tong! Could you imagine . . . . friends come over, "whats that?"
A whole tong is priced about the same as some individual cakes so I mean it wouldnt be a hit so hard in the wallet, and you could always just store it away or drink some now, have some in a few years, etc.
Thats the main reason I am still considering. 2 cakes would cost the same as the tong. And the tong is soo cheap, Its really hard to say no.

Nov 4th, '08, 20:02

by PolyhymnianMuse » Nov 4th, '08, 20:02

shogun89 wrote:
PolyhymnianMuse wrote:
Thats the main reason I am still considering. 2 cakes would cost the same as the tong. And the tong is soo cheap, Its really hard to say no.
Still, I would probably just pick up one or two of them and than sample a few other things from them before buying a whole tong of something you have no idea about.

Nov 4th, '08, 21:05

by Salsero » Nov 4th, '08, 21:05

shogun89 wrote: I just want the darn tong! Could you imagine . . . . friends come over, "whats that?"
A tong of 250 gr cakes isn't nearly as cool as a tong of 357 gr or 400 gr cakes. Your friends might laugh at you if your tong came up short by their standards.

Nov 4th, '08, 21:49

by shogun89 » Nov 4th, '08, 21:49

Salsero wrote:
shogun89 wrote: I just want the darn tong! Could you imagine . . . . friends come over, "whats that?"
A tong of 250 gr cakes isn't nearly as cool as a tong of 357 gr or 400 gr cakes. Your friends might laugh at you if your tong came up short by their standards.
My friends would laugh at me if they knew my tea obsession.

Nov 4th, '08, 22:31

by Salsero » Nov 4th, '08, 22:31

shogun89 wrote: My friends would laugh at me if they knew my tea obsession.
Mine already do!

Nov 4th, '08, 23:48

by Trioxin » Nov 4th, '08, 23:48

shogun89 wrote:
PolyhymnianMuse wrote:
Just remember that quality is always better than quantity. Not to say they are bad cakes, but I'm sure there is better.

Nov 5th, '08, 15:12

by shogun89 » Nov 5th, '08, 15:12

Trioxin wrote: Just remember that quality is always better than quantity. Not to say they are bad cakes, but I'm sure there is better.
Oh absolutely. But as I dont have too much money at my disposal I need to settle for "good" cakes. I see people spending well over $50 on cakes from just 2008 where I am very satisfied with '08 Menghai cakes and Mengkus for only $10 each. So if these cakes taste like a standard Mengku or Menghai cake, I am a happy camper.

Nov 5th, '08, 20:21

by shogun89 » Nov 5th, '08, 20:21

Now this cake looks like a sure winner. I know that HEAVYDOOM is a fan of these particular cakes. They seem like "the deal" at the price. Thinking bout maybe picking up a few.
http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-Mengku-Wild-Ar ... dZViewItem

(I really like the fact that it is a whopping 500 grams!!!)

Nov 5th, '08, 20:39

by Jeremy » Nov 5th, '08, 20:39

I also think it would be very cool to buy my teas by the tong. But Im so obsessive I would need 2, one to open and drink, and one to put away and look intact. I already do this with cakes, but its getting expensive.

+ Post Reply