Nu 2 Pu

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Nov 12th, '08, 18:31

by puerhking » Nov 12th, '08, 18:31

I dont think this would need to be a compendium of all puerh knowledge. Just keep it simple. Pose some basic questions.....link to the puerh article in wikipedia. Then post some additional links to other sources like the leaf.....and other blogs. Followed by links to places to buy. Finally we can add our personal likes and comments. This way they have to do some of the work.....but we make it a bit easier.

Nov 12th, '08, 18:42

by heavydoom » Nov 12th, '08, 18:42

you make mistakes and learn from them. use deductive reasoning. common sense helps too.

Nov 14th, '08, 15:44

by puerhking » Nov 14th, '08, 15:44

as you can see I started a thread for the newbies. if you guys like it we can make it a sticky thread. if not we can let it go.

Nov 14th, '08, 16:57
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Nov 14th, '08, 16:57

puerhking wrote: as you can see I started a thread for the newbies. if you guys like it we can make it a sticky thread. if not we can let it go.
It is indeed a stunning first entry. If nothing else ever gets done, it is a big step. Thanks. ...and yes sticky.

Will's first entry makes me think about the logistics.

I'm wondering if we need to have one thread with the info and a separate thread for comments and discussion about what to include (maybe this thread for the comments) since the comments and suggestions will probably be enormously bigger than the hard info for the noobs. Maybe even close the stickied post and just have Chip reopen it periodically to add. I know if I were new I wouldn't want to have to read through all the background chatter.

For example: you have a typo: MarchalN should be MarshalN.

Nov 14th, '08, 17:01

by PolyhymnianMuse » Nov 14th, '08, 17:01

Sal has got a very good point. Perhaps the information thread could be locked and than edited as we go along if anything needs to be added and than this (or just a seperate thread) for discussion, further questions, etc.

Nov 14th, '08, 18:00

by puerhking » Nov 14th, '08, 18:00

Salsero wrote:
puerhking wrote: as you can see I started a thread for the newbies. if you guys like it we can make it a sticky thread. if not we can let it go.
It is indeed a stunning first entry. If nothing else ever gets done, it is a big step. Thanks. ...and yes sticky.

Will's first entry makes me think about the logistics.

I'm wondering if we need to have one thread with the info and a separate thread for comments and discussion about what to include (maybe this thread for the comments) since the comments and suggestions will probably be enormously bigger than the hard info for the noobs. Maybe even close the stickied post and just have Chip reopen it periodically to add. I know if I were new I wouldn't want to have to read through all the background chatter.

For example: you have a typo: MarchalN should be MarshalN.
Thanks for catching that typo! Yeah that post will become a monster eventually. Perhaps your idea for a separate thread for comments and discussion would be the way to go. Whatever you guys think is fine by me.

Nov 14th, '08, 19:07
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Nov 14th, '08, 19:07

Chip can delete any excess posts to clean it up and can sticky it and (I think) close and open it.

For this to work, I think we need one (or at the most 3) editors who will be authorized to post to the thread, update, solicit new info, make decisions, and coordinate the work.

If we decide to go this route, I nominate Puerhking, PolyhymnianMuse, Heavydoom, and Shogun89 ... oops that's already 4. Well, rather than nominate, it's probably more a question of who is willing to volunteer, and of course the appointment wouldn't be a lifetime burden. If the thread is successful, someone different will probably be doing the work two years from now anyway.

Nov 14th, '08, 19:17

by PolyhymnianMuse » Nov 14th, '08, 19:17

I would love to volunteer :D. I spend quite a lot of time on here as it is and at least this would be productive and helpful to everyone on teachat.

Thanks for your nomination anyway Sal :P

+ Post Reply