Official Pu of the day

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Sep 28th, '16, 09:28
Vendor Member

Re: Official Pu of the day

by jayinhk » Sep 28th, '16, 09:28

Rui wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
Rui wrote:
jayinhk wrote:Drinking 1000-year-old tree maocha from Tea-Side.com . This stuff has a lovely taste of peaches and osmanthus and a powerful calming effect. I bought 100g. Good gushu like this has a balancing effect on the body, I'm sure of it. I have enough for a few weeks of daily drinking and it's fresh and tasty enough to knock all my other teas off their pedestal until I'm out. I absolutely love this tea!
I better pay another visit to Tea Side in the next credit card cycle...
AFAIK he doesn't sell the maocha anymore, just pressed cakes and samples. He says there's a good red wine character from the pressed tea. I haven't tried it yet. Shoulda bought a cake! :(
Thanks Jay.

Earlier I noticed that but that is OK. I'll probably get one cake next month as I have spent quite a bit of money on tea lately.
You sure do buy a lot of tea! I know I appreciate it when you and mrmopar buy lots of pu because I buy the stuff you guys like. :D

Sep 28th, '16, 10:01

by Rui » Sep 28th, '16, 10:01

jayinhk wrote:
Rui wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
Rui wrote:
jayinhk wrote:Drinking 1000-year-old tree maocha from Tea-Side.com . This stuff has a lovely taste of peaches and osmanthus and a powerful calming effect. I bought 100g. Good gushu like this has a balancing effect on the body, I'm sure of it. I have enough for a few weeks of daily drinking and it's fresh and tasty enough to knock all my other teas off their pedestal until I'm out. I absolutely love this tea!
AFAIK he doesn't sell the maocha anymore, just pressed cakes and samples. He says there's a good red wine character from the pressed tea. I haven't tried it yet. Shoulda bought a cake! :(
Thanks Jay.

Earlier I noticed that but that is OK. I'll probably get one cake next month as I have spent quite a bit of money on tea lately.
You sure do buy a lot of tea! I know I appreciate it when you and mrmopar buy lots of pu because I buy the stuff you guys like. :D
LOL it seems in this case I am buying what you like...

Sep 28th, '16, 10:39
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Sep 28th, '16, 10:39

Rui wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
Rui wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
Rui wrote:
Thanks Jay.

LOL it seems in this case I am buying what you like...
True, I didn't think of that. :D

Sep 28th, '16, 17:56

by mr mopu » Sep 28th, '16, 17:56

jayinhk wrote:
Rui wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
Rui wrote:
Thanks Jay.

I think we all follow each other in our habits.

Sep 28th, '16, 23:21
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Sep 28th, '16, 23:21

mr mopu wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
Rui wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
Rui wrote:
Thanks Jay.

That is true. I've heard this year's 7542 is good...anyone tried it?

Sep 29th, '16, 02:12

by Rui » Sep 29th, '16, 02:12

jayinhk wrote:
mr mopu wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
Rui wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
Rui wrote:
Thanks Jay.

At the moment I have a 7542 (1601) in the humidor (surprise, surprise :lol: ) letting it rehydrate a bit. At the time I also bought the high mountain (Dayi GaoShanYunXiang) 2016 as well and it is also resting a bit.

Sep 29th, '16, 03:12
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Sep 29th, '16, 03:12

Rui wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
mr mopu wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
Rui wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
Rui wrote:
Thanks Jay.

At the moment I have a 7542 (1601) in the humidor (surprise, surprise :lol: ) letting it rehydrate a bit. At the time I also bought the high mountain (Dayi GaoShanYunXiang) 2016 as well and it is also resting a bit.
Please let us know what you think when you try them!

Sep 29th, '16, 04:25

by Rui » Sep 29th, '16, 04:25

Jing Mai 2013 from Tea Urchin. An elegant tea as Dr. Jim calls it in the website. Very clear and slightly bitter first steeping. Mostly gushu leaves with a very nice aroma. Looking forward to the next steepings.

Sep 29th, '16, 06:17

by kuánglóng » Sep 29th, '16, 06:17

2011 Autumn Yang Ta (Jinggu)

Dominant savory notes of meat broth and lightly smoked black forest ham (closer to the bone), with some slightly sweet dates and darker, dried apricots peeping through here and there, especially in the long aftertaste. Interesting dynamics, good balance and strong salty minerality. Nothing too special going on in the somatics department, the mouthfeel is just OK, but I somehow regret I didn't buy more when it was still available.

Sep 29th, '16, 07:00

by mr mopu » Sep 29th, '16, 07:00

Rui wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
mr mopu wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
Rui wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
Rui wrote:
Thanks Jay.

The Year of the Monkey is supposed to be good too. The Old Tree Round I would pass on for a few years till it ages more. I wasn't impressed by it much at all.
Still need to get a 7542 thanks for reminding me

Sep 29th, '16, 08:45
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Sep 29th, '16, 08:45

I get to pay China prices, and since I'm in the biz now i may buy a case of 7542 for the long haul!

Sep 29th, '16, 20:57

by mr mopu » Sep 29th, '16, 20:57

jayinhk wrote:I get to pay China prices, and since I'm in the biz now i may buy a case of 7542 for the long haul!
Lucky dog! I may make you sell me one wholesale!

Sep 30th, '16, 01:16
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Sep 30th, '16, 01:16

mr mopu wrote:
jayinhk wrote:I get to pay China prices, and since I'm in the biz now i may buy a case of 7542 for the long haul!
Lucky dog! I may make you sell me one wholesale!
I am running a formal business now, and like old school vendors here...sorry, no discount :D just keeping it traditional!

Sep 30th, '16, 03:41

by Rui » Sep 30th, '16, 03:41

mr mopu wrote:The Year of the Monkey is supposed to be good too. The Old Tree Round I would pass on for a few years till it ages more. I wasn't impressed by it much at all.
There are few Year of the Monkey cakes from different manufacturers going around.

Of the two sheng cakes produced by Dayi to celebrate the year of the Monkey I prefer the tea from the 800gms cake.

Sep 30th, '16, 04:06

by kuánglóng » Sep 30th, '16, 04:06

Good luck, Jay. 7542 is one of the very few shengs that reliably give me the jitters, no matter from what year or how it has been stored.

+ Post Reply