Official Pu of the day

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Jun 17th, '16, 00:11
Vendor Member

Re: Official Pu of the day

by jayinhk » Jun 17th, '16, 00:11

Drinking loose cha tou--also just bought six bricks of Dayi Lao Cha Tou from 2009. That stuff has mellowed out beautifully and will only improve further in HK.

Jun 17th, '16, 00:26

by debunix » Jun 17th, '16, 00:26

jayinhk wrote:Drinking loose cha tou--also just bought six bricks of Dayi Lao Cha Tou from 2009. That stuff has mellowed out beautifully and will only improve further in HK.
If that's like the Norbu private label Lao Cha Tou from 2009, it should be brilliant.

Jun 17th, '16, 01:43
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jun 17th, '16, 01:43

No off flavors and good for 20+ brews...well worth it IMO. So good I am stocking up for the long haul!

Jun 17th, '16, 05:28

by Rui » Jun 17th, '16, 05:28

Today was the turn of the third 2016 tea I bought from Bannacha: JINGMAI HONGGU. Fragrant leaves and tea with a sweetish taste following by a very light bitterness that leaves one's throat cool. The colour of the tea is of a warm Indian Yellow.

p.s. This light bitterness almost but disappears in later steepings.
Last edited by Rui on Jun 17th, '16, 08:05, edited 1 time in total.

Jun 17th, '16, 05:59
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jun 17th, '16, 05:59

Another day of sampling pu erh maocha, cha tou and dianhong. Bought a kg of maocha, kg of 06 cha tou and a very good sweet dianhong. Now that I see how much space maocha takes up, bricks and cakes make a lot more sense, but maocha sure is fun to drink.

Jun 22nd, '16, 07:07

by Rui » Jun 22nd, '16, 07:07

2016 Yunnan Sourcing "Mang Zhi" Ancient Arbor raw pu'er.

Jun 22nd, '16, 09:04
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jun 22nd, '16, 09:04

Maocha again...enjoying having a large stash of maocha to dip into. I drank an unknown maocha that tasted like fresh strawberries and was surprisingly sweet in the third infusion. Nice, clear flavor too with no bitterness. Lovely! Drinking from a chawan airbgr (a member here) sent me in exchange for some tea. His work is inspired by the Swedish forest and I am absolutely loving the tactile sensations and how different it looks from different angles. That and it seems to enhance the flavor of my tea!

Jun 24th, '16, 04:36

by kuánglóng » Jun 24th, '16, 04:36

Last edited by kuánglóng on Jun 24th, '16, 16:54, edited 1 time in total.

Jun 24th, '16, 09:50

by debunix » Jun 24th, '16, 09:50

Yesterday I had a lovely thermos session--leaves dropped into thermos, flash rinsed, then thermos filled and tea enjoyed over the course of an afternoon--with Norbu's 2007 Yong De white bud sheng. It had a smoky earthiness when young that was quite enjoyable to me at the time, then that faded and a more delicate floral and spicy taste would be equally lovely in a very different way.

I bought this tea in 2009 and more in 2010, but soon after that, in my dry LA storage, it went through a long phase of being quite unexciting--not bad, but the fading of that smokiness and earthiness left a blandness behind.

A few years later, however, this session was lovely. That baseline floral and spicy quality is back on top, with a delicacy that is quite fine. I need to prepare some gongfu sessions and explore it further again.

Jun 24th, '16, 23:42
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jun 24th, '16, 23:42

Working through cha tou I started two days ago. Bought this stuff in a market in Kunming and from infusion one I knew I'd found some good tea. I LOVE smaller, cleaner-tasting cha tou with sweet flavors. This tea has gone about a dozen infusions and I still taste chocolate and raisins. No fermentation flavors or storage flavors at all--just clean tasting with light bitterness and sweet flavors that are so enjoyable. Glad I bought 300g of this stuff as it is ready to drink and I now have a lovely hand painted ginger jar full of nuggets to dip into as needed. The lid is loose, so the tea will still get some air and it should age nicely.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHBWX33gdX9 ... y=jayinhkg

Jun 27th, '16, 05:01

by Rui » Jun 27th, '16, 05:01

Sipping a sweetish dry stored 2000 Yiwu Zheng Shan from Chen Yun Ming that I bought from Terre de Ciel in France. :D

Jun 27th, '16, 05:05

by Rui » Jun 27th, '16, 05:05

jayinhk wrote:Working through cha tou I started two days ago. Bought this stuff in a market in Kunming and from infusion one I knew I'd found some good tea. I LOVE smaller, cleaner-tasting cha tou with sweet flavors. This tea has gone about a dozen infusions and I still taste chocolate and raisins. No fermentation flavors or storage flavors at all--just clean tasting with light bitterness and sweet flavors that are so enjoyable. Glad I bought 300g of this stuff as it is ready to drink and I now have a lovely hand painted ginger jar full of nuggets to dip into as needed. The lid is loose, so the tea will still get some air and it should age nicely.

Hi Jay,

From your member name I see you are now a vendor member. Have you got an open shop or a website?

Many thanks.

Rui

Jun 27th, '16, 07:38
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jun 27th, '16, 07:38

Rui wrote:
jayinhk wrote:Working through cha tou I started two days ago. Bought this stuff in a market in Kunming and from infusion one I knew I'd found some good tea. I LOVE smaller, cleaner-tasting cha tou with sweet flavors. This tea has gone about a dozen infusions and I still taste chocolate and raisins. No fermentation flavors or storage flavors at all--just clean tasting with light bitterness and sweet flavors that are so enjoyable. Glad I bought 300g of this stuff as it is ready to drink and I now have a lovely hand painted ginger jar full of nuggets to dip into as needed. The lid is loose, so the tea will still get some air and it should age nicely.

Hi Jay,

From your member name I see you are now a vendor member. Have you got an open shop or a website?

Many thanks.

Rui
Rui,

Haven't uploaded the teas to the site yet as I've been busy with shipping and other things. You can check it out at http://tealife.hk

Jun 27th, '16, 09:57

by Rui » Jun 27th, '16, 09:57

jayinhk wrote:
Rui wrote:

Hi Jay,

Many thanks.

Rui
Rui,

Haven't uploaded the teas to the site yet as I've been busy with shipping and other things. You can check it out at http://tealife.hk

Fantastic. Thank you very much. Looking forward to the website updates.

Jun 27th, '16, 16:36

by whatsinaname » Jun 27th, '16, 16:36

7542-901 and EoT Bangwei broken up into the tea caddies this week.

+ Post Reply