Official Pu of the day

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Oct 19th, '14, 14:44

Re: Official Pu of the day

by debunix » Oct 19th, '14, 14:44

2011 Yunnan Sourcing "Sha Tou Sheng Yun" Ripe Puerh--despite the word sheng in the title, clearly a tasty earthy plummy shu pu. It's brewing up quite pleasingly in my Petr Novak 'bizen' pot.

Oct 19th, '14, 17:48

by BW85 » Oct 19th, '14, 17:48

2012 bulang from EoT. So very powerful! I try to brew this tea with a lighter touch and lower leaf ratio than I usually use. Plenty of bitterness to keep in check, as you would expect with young bulang. Beautiful high notes that enter the upper palate after swallowing, lingering in the nasal cavity. Both the taste and fragrance linger for an impressively along time

Oct 19th, '14, 19:43

by drinking_teas » Oct 19th, '14, 19:43

debunix wrote:2011 Yunnan Sourcing "Sha Tou Sheng Yun" Ripe Puerh--despite the word sheng in the title, clearly a tasty earthy plummy shu pu. It's brewing up quite pleasingly in my Petr Novak 'bizen' pot.
i've also had shengpu that had the word "shu" in the name. transliteration is a strange thing

Oct 21st, '14, 21:03

by debunix » Oct 21st, '14, 21:03

Today enjoying more of Norbu's 2008 bamboo-aged Yiwu, a favorite that continues to shine. Glad I still have a fair stock of it....and wish I'd bought more. It does well in careful gongfu brewing for one, or thermos brewing for all day or for a crowd. Still caramel-sweet, herbal and earthy notes, grounding, comforting and delicious.

Oct 22nd, '14, 11:57

by j.p.rich » Oct 22nd, '14, 11:57

Today is my second go-round with TU's 2014 Gao Shan Zhai. I'm struggling to pick up the aromas here, perhaps my fall allergies are interfering? But their Qi and flavor descriptors are accurate once again, so far my favorite 2014 offering from the Urchin.

Oct 23rd, '14, 07:24

by Rui » Oct 23rd, '14, 07:24

Today I have been sipping a sample of "2006 Little Gold Melon Shu" pu'erh which I received from White2Tea with my order of other pu'erh teas.

It is a very nice tea with a very nice sweet and creamy taste.

The amount of tea used was 6.8gms for around 150 - 200ml of water and I am now one my 4th stepping which I brewed for around 30 to 40 seconds.

p.s. I am a beginner when it comes to pu'erh and I really prefer teas that are not very astringent so please take that in mind when reading my comments.

Oct 23rd, '14, 12:54

by j.p.rich » Oct 23rd, '14, 12:54

Today I'm enjoying a 2000 Kai Yuan Green Stamp from EoT. Love the campfire aspect which is not overpowering but adds to the complexity. It seems to be just as tasty at work as when brewed at home which earns extra bonus points!

Oct 23rd, '14, 14:29

by BW85 » Oct 23rd, '14, 14:29

j.p.rich wrote:Today I'm enjoying a 2000 Kai Yuan Green Stamp from EoT. Love the campfire aspect which is not overpowering but adds to the complexity. It seems to be just as tasty at work as when brewed at home which earns extra bonus points!
I also enjoy this cake a lot! Very interesting tea. It makes me curious to try the purple stamp, being pressed for the same tea house. Have you tried it?

Oct 23rd, '14, 16:39

by j.p.rich » Oct 23rd, '14, 16:39

BW85 wrote:
j.p.rich wrote:Today I'm enjoying a 2000 Kai Yuan Green Stamp from EoT. Love the campfire aspect which is not overpowering but adds to the complexity. It seems to be just as tasty at work as when brewed at home which earns extra bonus points!
I also enjoy this cake a lot! Very interesting tea. It makes me curious to try the purple stamp, being pressed for the same tea house. Have you tried it?
No I have not, but share your curiosity. May be worth a sample the next time I place an order......

Oct 25th, '14, 06:23

by Teaism » Oct 25th, '14, 06:23

Just had a few rounds of the same tea, 2005 DXS with different water. The tap water here although filtered is extremely extremely bad for tea for the last few months/weeks, so I stepped up the experiments with the tap water and found an acceptable way to go around it.

Given a choice, I would rather buy my favourite bottled water but out of convenience, tap water is still practical for daily brew. I normally order 120 litres (minimum amount) of natural spring water from wholesaler and hate to keep up with storage space.

If there are still issue, I may have to revert back to the water wholesaler.Sigh!

Hmmm...overdrunk the DXS2005 as a result. So officially there is only one (overdosed) Pu for today. :D

Cheers! :D

Oct 25th, '14, 07:04

by chrl42 » Oct 25th, '14, 07:04

Teaism wrote:Just had a few rounds of the same tea, 2005 DXS with different water. The tap water here although filtered is extremely extremely bad for tea for the last few months/weeks, so I stepped up the experiments with the tap water and found an acceptable way to go around it.

Given a choice, I would rather buy my favourite bottled water but out of convenience, tap water is still practical for daily brew. I normally order 120 litres (minimum amount) of natural spring water from wholesaler and hate to keep up with storage space.

If there are still issue, I may have to revert back to the water wholesaler.Sigh!

Hmmm...overdrunk the DXS2005 as a result. So officially there is only one (overdosed) Pu for today. :D

What a coincidence. I've just finished DXS (forgot the year). :D

I've bought this Bing as a supporting role for Xigui last year, a lot cheaper than Xigui. Have been into Lincang stuffs lately....Puerh prices are crazy these days :?

Oct 25th, '14, 07:47
Scrolling: scrolling

by William » Oct 25th, '14, 07:47

chrl42 wrote:
Teaism wrote:Just had a few rounds of the same tea, 2005 DXS with different water. The tap water here although filtered is extremely extremely bad for tea for the last few months/weeks, so I stepped up the experiments with the tap water and found an acceptable way to go around it.

What a coincidence. I've just finished DXS (forgot the year). :D

I've bought this Bing as a supporting role for Xigui last year, a lot cheaper than Xigui. Have been into Lincang stuffs lately....Puerh prices are crazy these days :?
I also brewed some DXS today, from this year's harvest. What a nice coincidence! :lol:

Oct 25th, '14, 07:55

by Teaism » Oct 25th, '14, 07:55

Wow nice coincidence. I had DXS 2014 yesterday. Lincang still have some very remote area with biodynamic tea. They are really nice and good value.

Oct 26th, '14, 05:58

by Cescoz1 » Oct 26th, '14, 05:58

About purchase source: I buy the Pu'er online, at nannuoshan.org.
They sell good quality tea from China. I've just bought the Yu Run Tien Xiang, that tastes smooth, wild mellow and I really like it! The guy from nannuoshan sent me also a free sample of the Da Yi 7582 harvested in 2006 that tastes more earthly and vegetable...quite peculiar butI still prefer the Yu Run Tien Xiang!

Oct 26th, '14, 11:30

by bonescwa » Oct 26th, '14, 11:30

Cescoz1 wrote:About purchase source: I buy the Pu'er online, at nannuoshan.org.
They sell good quality tea from China. I've just bought the Yu Run Tien Xiang, that tastes smooth, wild mellow and I really like it! The guy from nannuoshan sent me also a free sample of the Da Yi 7582 harvested in 2006 that tastes more earthly and vegetable...quite peculiar butI still prefer the Yu Run Tien Xiang!
Spam

+ Post Reply