Official Pu of the day

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Oct 27th, '16, 09:17

Re: Official Pu of the day

by kuánglóng » Oct 27th, '16, 09:17

Rui wrote:
kuánglóng wrote:Have you tried the 2001 version, Rui?
I'm thinking about getting another 2003 Feng Qing Jia Ji Er Deng. Storage has been a bit more humid but on a nice day this tea blows me away like not much else.

Sipping some of William's 2015 Jingmai gushu over here. Life's sweet :)
No I have never tried the 2001 yet. Is it still available?
No idea, Rui. There's not much left here. Nice tea in its own way, doesn't have too much in common with the 2002 though, different harvest, more humid storage, ...
At home I have the 2005 Yong Pin Hao "Bamboo House" Raw Pu-erh tea cake of Yi Wu Mountain which is also great.
Don't know what turned you on, Rui, but a buddy and I liked it for the vanilla custard notes (custard from a wooden bowl while sitting in an old, dusty library, lol).
Yes William's teas I pretty good. From the 2016 tea cakes my favourite was the Jingmai Gulan. By the way I got an email a couple of days ago telling that they have a new website. Did you get that as well?
Yeah, got the mail as well. We've exchanged some emails lately and he seemed to be pretty happy about the move.
I don't know though how long he'll be keeping his french shop up. I better hurry and get some more cakes before it's too late since larger orders from China are a major PITA over here, we've talked about it.
The 2003 Feng Qing Jia Ji Er Deng I have only sipped the sample and I had to make purchasing choices and I still have not bought a full cake. Maybe I should revise my decision.
I don't know, but it's my favorite semi-aged cake from the greenteaguru and I've tried them all (me thinks). I've never experienced such intense and beautiful balsamic, perfumy leng xiang in the aroma cup and it stayed there for days - pure joy, the rest isn't bad either :)

BTW, I recently stumbled across a shop in Finland:
http://www.teatrail.net/puer-dark-tea/y ... pu-er.html

Some of their tea looks pretty interesting. I'll probably shoot them a test order these days (Kunlu, 'Bingdao', Bulang).

Oct 27th, '16, 13:14

by stevorama » Oct 27th, '16, 13:14

kuánglóng wrote:I'm thinking about getting another 2003 Feng Qing Jia Ji Er Deng. Storage has been a bit more humid but on a nice day this tea blows me away like not much else.
Do you think the 2003 Feng Qing Jia Ji Er Deng is from a similar source/storage as what YS had in stock?

Oct 28th, '16, 02:25

by kuánglóng » Oct 28th, '16, 02:25

stevorama wrote:
kuánglóng wrote:I'm thinking about getting another 2003 Feng Qing Jia Ji Er Deng. Storage has been a bit more humid but on a nice day this tea blows me away like not much else.
Do you think the 2003 Feng Qing Jia Ji Er Deng is from a similar source/storage as what YS had in stock?
I got my cake from Oli (greenteaguru.co.uk) and AFAIK he gets some of his teas from YS.

Oct 28th, '16, 04:54

by Rui » Oct 28th, '16, 04:54

kuánglóng
Not sure what happened to my previous reply to your message as all it showed was your words as per your post....

As to the 2005 Yong Pin Hao "Bamboo House" it probably was the same reasons as you that attracted me to that tea. Very good indeed to sip at leisure.

Where are you based kuánglóng for tea from China to be a PITA? My teas coming from China sometimes only take around 5 days and I live in UK.

Cheers. Thanks for the Finish link. Another place for me to investigate as they have a cake of purple pu'er I have been after for a while and also Bing Dao is attracting my attention.

Oct 28th, '16, 04:55

by Rui » Oct 28th, '16, 04:55

kuánglóng wrote:
stevorama wrote:
I got my cake from Oli (greenteaguru.co.uk) and AFAIK he gets some of his teas from YS.
Most probably it was bought from YS originally.

Oct 29th, '16, 00:46

by stevorama » Oct 29th, '16, 00:46

Rui wrote:
kuánglóng wrote:
stevorama wrote:
Yes, pricing and description are very similar to YS. Good to know there is more. Thanks.

Oct 29th, '16, 03:23

by kuánglóng » Oct 29th, '16, 03:23

Rui wrote:
Cheers. Thanks for the Finish link. Another place for me to investigate as they have a cake of purple pu'er I have been after for a while and also Bing Dao is attracting my attention.
I've asked Matti, the owner for recommendations based on some preferences I've mailed him and the first tea he came up with was the "Bing Dao" (it's from some neighboring villages). The Kunlu and Bulang don't 'look' bad either, not so sure about the Guafengzhai, I guess I'll order some samples first.

Oct 29th, '16, 03:37

by kuánglóng » Oct 29th, '16, 03:37

stevorama wrote:
Rui wrote:
kuánglóng wrote:
stevorama wrote:
Yes, pricing and description are very similar to YS. Good to know there is more. Thanks.
Once you're at it, Steve, the '888' on the same page (pale yellow wrapper) is pretty interesting as well. Not as complex and layered as the Feng Qing but distinctively balsamic and fruity and as slick and smooth as Oli and some reviewers have described it. I'll have another go at the Feng Qing (and the 2011 Terre de Ciel Kunlu) with a buddy tonight - time to make up my mind if I get another cake before someone else gets 'em all :lol:

Sipping some 2016 Nanzuo (Jingmai) SIngle Trees right now. Pretty quiet and elegant gushu with some surprising twists and turns as the session moves on but most likely it won't age that well.

Oct 29th, '16, 12:22

by stevorama » Oct 29th, '16, 12:22

kuánglóng wrote:Once you're at it, Steve, the '888' on the same page (pale yellow wrapper) is pretty interesting as well. Not as complex and layered as the Feng Qing but distinctively balsamic and fruity and as slick and smooth as Oli and some reviewers have described it. I'll have another go at the Feng Qing (and the 2011 Terre de Ciel Kunlu) with a buddy tonight - time to make up my mind if I get another cake before someone else gets 'em all :lol:

Sipping some 2016 Nanzuo (Jingmai) SIngle Trees right now. Pretty quiet and elegant gushu with some surprising twists and turns as the session moves on but most likely it won't age that well.
I'll check the 888 out. Haven't ordered from these folks before. Wonder if they bought out YS stock of the Feng Qing. I have a couple cakes of it, which is probably enough for me. So no pressure! ;)

Oct 31st, '16, 08:30

by Rui » Oct 31st, '16, 08:30

Today I have gone back to the 2000 Gu Green Mark Qi Zi sheng to introduce pu'er to a new colleague.

Oct 31st, '16, 13:55

by stevorama » Oct 31st, '16, 13:55

1999-2006 Traditional Storage Raw and Ripe Pu Erh Mix. From tealifehk (Jayinhk.) Very pleasant and drinkable blend. Smooth. Relaxing.

Oct 31st, '16, 14:24
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Oct 31st, '16, 14:24

stevorama wrote:1999-2006 Traditional Storage Raw and Ripe Pu Erh Mix. From tealifehk (Jayinhk.) Very pleasant and drinkable blend. Smooth. Relaxing.
I think I'll join you! :D

Oct 31st, '16, 15:19

by stevorama » Oct 31st, '16, 15:19

jayinhk wrote:
stevorama wrote:1999-2006 Traditional Storage Raw and Ripe Pu Erh Mix. From tealifehk (Jayinhk.) Very pleasant and drinkable blend. Smooth. Relaxing.
Yes! :) Just finished up my sample of this. It's a good one! Definitely a fan of the hong kong storage.

Oct 31st, '16, 15:36
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Oct 31st, '16, 15:36

stevorama wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
Yes! :) Just finished up my sample of this. It's a good one! Definitely a fan of the hong kong storage.
Thanks, the mix is a good example! I had a few taels in a bag that have been airing out for over a year. Just the tiniest hint of storage to it and it's super smooth!

Nov 1st, '16, 08:56

by Rui » Nov 1st, '16, 08:56

Sipping 2016 DIVING DUCK from White2Tea. This is a very nice young sheng.

+ Post Reply