Official Pu of the day

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Re: Official Pu of the day

Postby .m. » Jul 23rd, '16, 13:42

1980's loose leaf wet stored sheng from Origin tea. It was very cheap back then, now I wish I had got a big bag of it when I had the chance. What used to taste like a musty mold basement brew, now after a couple of years of airing and a gentle refreshing it really shines. 8)

.m.

Postby Jiagulanfortwo » Jul 23rd, '16, 02:39

This evening I am drinking a silver tip (2006) from Bana Tea Company. It's quite delicious. The flavors of tangy apricot and peach are prevalent, and it has a hint of smokiness that is intriguing.

The nicest part about this Sheng (raw) Pu is that I can drink it at night and still go to sleep. Sometimes the stimulating factor of these teas can make me :shock:

Jiagulanfortwo

Postby kuánglóng » Jul 22nd, '16, 09:25

Rui wrote:
kuánglóng wrote:
Rui wrote:
kuánglóng wrote:
Frisbeehead wrote:
Just ordered a cake of that 2014 qing mei shan along with the 2015 da qing gushu, looking forward to getting them. I've heard good things about both, and they'll be my first Yunnan Sourcing house cakes.

I've got a couple house bings from YS, but the 2014 Qing Mei Shan and especially the 2013 Da Si are my favorites.

Just received a nice parcel from bannacha today; looking forward to another tea st@ned weekend :lol:

The Da Si is also one of my favourites and not many cakes are left in Yunnan Sourcing.

I have been buying from Bannacha for the past couple of years and their ancient trees tea cakes have been very good.

The Da Si really stands out. I'm thinking hard about if I should get another bing as long as there are some left or spend those $140 somewhere else, maybe at bannacha.
BTW, the prices of some teas on my shopping list (lots of stuff on YS and chawang) have considerably risen lately (surprise, surprise). I've really gotta hurry before even more of my €€€ evaporate in crazy mark-ups. Looking forward to a pretty intense sampling weekend.

Yep, when I bought my cake it was already $122.

As to Bannacha, one of the great 2016 shengs that came out this year, Jingmai Gulan, is already sold out. I bought a sample to try and a cake for further storage.

That was one of those teas I've mentioned above, Rui; special shaqing like most of the remaining teas on W's site, towards the greener side in this case. I haven't tried the '16 Jingmai Gulan but I'd somehow be afraid that at some point it would take a steep downhill turn. It's not that I don't like my shengs fresh, I really do but I also enjoy sampling them along their transformation into something more deep and mature (not necessarily beyond recognition like most of the traditionally stored stuff I've tried).
Anyway, back to the samples - from what I've tried so far, it seems that William will see some more of my €urons :D

User avatar kuánglóng

Postby Rui » Jul 22nd, '16, 06:17

kuánglóng wrote:
Rui wrote:
kuánglóng wrote:
Frisbeehead wrote:
Just ordered a cake of that 2014 qing mei shan along with the 2015 da qing gushu, looking forward to getting them. I've heard good things about both, and they'll be my first Yunnan Sourcing house cakes.

I've got a couple house bings from YS, but the 2014 Qing Mei Shan and especially the 2013 Da Si are my favorites.

Just received a nice parcel from bannacha today; looking forward to another tea st@ned weekend :lol:

The Da Si is also one of my favourites and not many cakes are left in Yunnan Sourcing.

I have been buying from Bannacha for the past couple of years and their ancient trees tea cakes have been very good.

The Da Si really stands out. I'm thinking hard about if I should get another bing as long as there are some left or spend those $140 somewhere else, maybe at bannacha.
BTW, the prices of some teas on my shopping list (lots of stuff on YS and chawang) have considerably risen lately (surprise, surprise). I've really gotta hurry before even more of my €€€ evaporate in crazy mark-ups. Looking forward to a pretty intense sampling weekend.

Yep, when I bought my cake it was already $122.

As to Bannacha, one of the great 2016 shengs that came out this year, Jingmai Gulan, is already sold out. I bought a sample to try and a cake for further storage.

As to Chawangshop I have only bought two cakes of last year's HeKai. Excellent tea as well.

User avatar Rui

Postby kuánglóng » Jul 22nd, '16, 02:54

Rui wrote:
kuánglóng wrote:
Frisbeehead wrote:

User avatar kuánglóng

Postby Rui » Jul 22nd, '16, 02:33

Today is the turn for me to sip 2004 TAI LIAN "YI WU ZHENG SHAN" from Yunnan Sourcing. Very innofensive sheng with some sweetness and very clear liquor.

User avatar Rui

Postby Rui » Jul 22nd, '16, 02:28

kuánglóng wrote:
Frisbeehead wrote:

User avatar Rui

Postby kuánglóng » Jul 22nd, '16, 02:10

Frisbeehead wrote:
kuánglóng wrote:
Frisbeehead wrote:

What did you pick up from bannacha? I have a friend that ordered from them not too long ago, he's liked everything so far.

Edit: Actually my friend ordered from Bana tea co., not bannacha. I always get confused between the two :P

I tried to order some Da Xue Shan bings but unfortunately William ran out of them and I only got one. I got another Jingmai cake though and a bunch of samples.
I'm somewhat hesitating with ordering larger numbers of his cakes since in some of his descriptions he mentioned stronger shaqing, resulting in greener shengs - not exactly what I'm really after. Some other of his teas have been pushed to the redder side of the spectrum (oolong pu's) - similar story ... oh well. Anyway, since he hasn't mentioned how far exactly he has pushed them I'll take some closer looks at the samples over the weekend and try to figure out if it makes sense to order some more. I certainly don't want to sit on some stale or funky stuff in a couple years and I've got no shortage of nice stuff on my shopping list(s) anyway :lol:

I'll remember that, next time I order I'll try the Da Si as well.

Another YS bing I like quite a bit is the 2013 Ai Lao. Nice daily drinker and at 39$/400g some decent bang for the buck as well but having drunken it side-by-side with the 2014 Qing Mei Shan the latter one has less adstringency, more dynamics and depth and a thicker texture if that's your thing.

Last edited by kuánglóng on Jul 22nd, '16, 02:31, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar kuánglóng

Postby mr mopu » Jul 21st, '16, 22:09

Frisbeehead wrote:
kuánglóng wrote:
Frisbeehead wrote:

What did you pick up from bannacha? I have a friend that ordered from them not too long ago, he's liked everything so far.

Edit: Actually my friend ordered from Bana tea co., not bannacha. I always get confused between the two :P

I will second the Da Si. Beautiful cake.

mr mopu

Postby Frisbeehead » Jul 21st, '16, 22:06

kuánglóng wrote:
Frisbeehead wrote:

User avatar Frisbeehead

Postby kuánglóng » Jul 21st, '16, 18:15

Frisbeehead wrote:

User avatar kuánglóng

Postby Frisbeehead » Jul 21st, '16, 15:35

kuánglóng wrote:
mbrb1832 wrote:
Rui wrote:
mbrb1832 wrote:
Rui wrote:Sipping the last 6gms of 2014 Yunnan Sourcing Autumn Qing Mei Shan Old Arbor raw pu'er. I enjoyed ths tea's sample of 25gms.

I am also enjoying this 2014 Qing Mei Shan old arbor pu er sample
What I like about this tea is that it can give me the energy to move on the whole day
Not astringent with moderate after taste
Brew 4 g in my yixing 60 ml 'cup pot ' ( self invention)

This morning I am sipping the 2015 Qing Mei Shan. Smooth with a very nice sweet aftertaste.

A+

I have been drinking 2014 Qing Mei Shan daily since last week
Luckily I accidentally ordered 25g x 2

Me too - 25g for me and the other 25g for a friend - enough to get a good impression and to order a cake. This seems like some pretty deep and dynamic young sheng.

Also got a sample of the 2015 mang zhi, as I was interested in the 2016 version but the .us site doesn't have the 2016 puerh yet.

User avatar Frisbeehead

Postby jayinhk » Jul 21st, '16, 08:48

Drank a shu/sheng mix made of ten to twenty-year-old traditional storage cakes. Smells very wet when purchased, but after a year of airing out, it is absolutely lovely. From a Cantonese family that specializes in pu erh. The tea is sweet and smooth and has no storage flavor at all after airing out. This is my favorite loose pu. Such a pleasure to drink!

User avatar jayinhk
Vendor Member

Postby kuánglóng » Jul 21st, '16, 05:33

mbrb1832 wrote:
Rui wrote:
mbrb1832 wrote:
Rui wrote:Sipping the last 6gms of 2014 Yunnan Sourcing Autumn Qing Mei Shan Old Arbor raw pu'er. I enjoyed ths tea's sample of 25gms.

I am also enjoying this 2014 Qing Mei Shan old arbor pu er sample
What I like about this tea is that it can give me the energy to move on the whole day
Not astringent with moderate after taste
Brew 4 g in my yixing 60 ml 'cup pot ' ( self invention)

This morning I am sipping the 2015 Qing Mei Shan. Smooth with a very nice sweet aftertaste.

A+

I have been drinking 2014 Qing Mei Shan daily since last week
Luckily I accidentally ordered 25g x 2

Me too - 25g for me and the other 25g for a friend - enough to get a good impression and to order a cake. This seems like some pretty deep and dynamic young sheng.

User avatar kuánglóng

Postby Frisbeehead » Jul 20th, '16, 09:53

Just finished a session of the yangqinghao tejipin, which lasted a couple days. It has just the right amount of camphor and menthol to make it interesting to drink, alongside the sweetness and smoothness. I have a half of a cake of the teji now, having split it with someone, and I think I will end up buying a whole cake of it sometime in the future. Really enjoyable tea.

User avatar Frisbeehead

Today's Poll

Community

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest