1993 Menghai 7542

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Mar 11th, '09, 07:37
Scrolling: scrolling

by Drax » Mar 11th, '09, 07:37

Brandon, thanks for the suggestions! I will seek out a tuo or three-o to test...o. And of course, I still have a number of other samples from Nada I need to test out. I do admit, though, that I have been skipping around from sample to sample... I haven't dwelt on any one. And I've pretty much stuck with one a day. I think I'll probably stick with skipping around a bit more to build up more "vocabulary" -- I have a nagging feeling that if I tried to focus and pick out layers and changes in infusions now, I'd be mostly overwhelmed. Like a first semester music student trying to analyze a Rachmaninov piano concerto. :D Of course, maybe it would still be a good exercise.... hmm.

I guess what it becoming painfully apparent as time goes on for me is that I would greatly benefit from being able to sit down with somebody in person and drink tea together -- whether a master, savant, or fellow newbiephyte. I swear I'm not as aggressive as I come off here :D

Meanwhile, I suppose... let the discussion on wet storage continue! (?)

Mar 12th, '09, 12:53

by Geospearit » Mar 12th, '09, 12:53

brandon wrote:I recommend the 100g 90s tuo often, it is very rare that you can get 100g of decent stuff for under 20 bucks.
Hey there, are you speaking of the ones at nada? Did you try them? I was about to order one... now I might order two :)

Mar 12th, '09, 12:59

by Geospearit » Mar 12th, '09, 12:59

Drax wrote:I have a nagging feeling that if I tried to focus and pick out layers and changes in infusions now, I'd be mostly overwhelmed. Like a first semester music student trying to analyze a Rachmaninov piano concerto. :D Of course, maybe it would still be a good exercise.... hmm.

I guess what it becoming painfully apparent as time goes on for me is that I would greatly benefit from being able to sit down with somebody in person and drink tea together -- whether a master, savant, or fellow newbiephyte. I swear I'm not as aggressive as I come off here :D
I don't think you have to "pick out" any layers in a formal sense; just pay attention and savor the experience. There's no need to analogize the taste to some romantic scene, unless of course you want to. I guess what I'm trying to say is that nothing needs to be forced, it is what it is. And hey, I may be moving down to Charlottesville in the Fall. Maybe we could have a session at Tea Bazaar in downtown Cville. I hear that they owner is into pu and would probably allow a session to take place. At least that's what someone from the area told me. :)

+ Post Reply