Tea, Love is in the Air

Have something to add to an article? Don't keep it to yourself!

How Will You Spend Valentine's Day?

Poll ended at Feb 15th, '08, 13:25

With my sweetie, sharing a teapot of our favorite teas! WHEE!
40%
Pouring some JD into my Ceylon and calling and hanging up on my ex's. LEAVE ME ALONE!
No votes
Drinking some delicate Silver Needle, listening to the Smiths and the Cure, um, crying.
33%
Sippin' on some Darjeeling, making dinner reservations for the day after. That's what smart people do.
27%

Total votes : 15

Tea, Love is in the Air

Postby xine » Feb 1st, '08, 13:25

Does Valentine's Day stink? If it does, how does a cup of tea make it better?

:D
xine

Postby Sydney » Feb 1st, '08, 13:55

Where's the "enjoying some time alone, the way [insert deity] intended" option?
Sydney

Location: the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Postby tseirPsaduJ » Feb 1st, '08, 17:13

Yes I think I rather like the option Padre mentioned.
OR maybe it will be that I am physically alone (AHh) but (as fate happens occasionally) the human 7,000 miles away would be sitting down to their afternoon tea at the same time so we would be enjoying it "together", alone. Neither of us would have to be bothered with physical company(including phones/aural company). IF I decide to have company I would like that.

and I might add in some cure as well..not crying though.
tseirPsaduJ

Postby skywarrior » Feb 1st, '08, 17:25

I never get maudlin over Valentine's day. It's really a stupid holiday. The only people it's good for is the flower, chocolate and card companies.

My birthday is far more important (and it's coming up) so my sweetie and I will be celebrating that.
skywarrior

Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

Postby tseirPsaduJ » Feb 1st, '08, 18:06

The problem is that no one is spontaneous, but EXPECT something from eachother..it ought to be that you just feel like giving a gift. One made by yourself or have added personal touches to. I refuse to give gifts on holidays. I give them at random "generous" intervals throughout the year instead. If I see something they like, it's theirs, but I'm not going to purposely spend money or time constructing something just because of a calender no.
I do not mind celebrating birthdays SO much though, so long as they are not mine. Mine just passed, and It was quite disturbing. I've had entirely too many distractions during work AND downtime as is. I appreciate the thought, but really, too many phone calls, and visits. I just wanted to enjoy my toast & tea. I DO hope you and your beloved enjoy yours. :)
tseirPsaduJ

Postby skywarrior » Feb 1st, '08, 18:13

Nice thought, if you don't have others with the expectation of receiving presents, ie, Christmas.

Would love to do that, but I'm afraid that just won't happen.
skywarrior

Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

Postby Cinnamon Kitty » Feb 1st, '08, 22:34

Valentine's Day's main purpose is to serve as a reason to have a chocolate sale on February 15th.
Cinnamon Kitty

Postby Sydney » Feb 1st, '08, 22:37

I actually like Valentine's Day, and all manner of romantic schlock.

When I'm in love (or some reasonable facsimile thereof), I'm totally down. But when I'm not, there's plenty of other rockin' stuff to do.
Sydney

Location: the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Postby Space Samurai » Feb 1st, '08, 23:22

I'm spending it with my hand.

Um, that hand will be making tea.

Perverts.
Space Samurai

Postby Mary R » Feb 2nd, '08, 00:34

I'm going to echo tseirPsaduJ on this one. Valentine's day just seems really forced. It's largely ignored by me and mine, though we might use it as an excuse to indulge in some damn nice chocolate. The best romantic gestures are spontaneous and silly...not packaged with doilies and roses.
Mary R

Postby Chip » Feb 2nd, '08, 04:29

Well, it was not one of the choices, but I am all for a TeaBath with someone you love! Have you ever had a real tea bath, that is something you should try sharing.

But I am generally in favor of that any day of the year.

I buy chocolate for myself, dark!!!
Chip
Mod/Admin

Instant Messenger

Permissions