Hello all!

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Jan 21st, '10, 16:30

Hello all!

by cindyt » Jan 21st, '10, 16:30

Hi all,
I am so happy that I found this place. Grew up in Taiwan, tea is basically in my blood. I have been on this forum for one afternoon and have already gotten valuable information that I have been looking for, and can't find anywhere else.

So, thank you TeaChat! I am looking forward to many more great discussions to come.

Cindy

Jan 21st, '10, 18:12

Re: Hello all!

by Dresden » Jan 21st, '10, 18:12

Welcome to the boards!!!

Jan 21st, '10, 20:18
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Jan 21st, '10, 20:18

Welcome! Nice to have you with us!

Jan 21st, '10, 21:32

by Chip » Jan 21st, '10, 21:32

Hi Cindy! Welcome to TeaChat. I am looking forward to seeing you around the forum.

And hope to hear more about your Taiwan upbringing and its influence on your enjoyment of tea!

Jan 22nd, '10, 00:16

by bsteele » Jan 22nd, '10, 00:16

Awesome to have you. This definitely is a great resource for some invaluable tea information.

Jan 22nd, '10, 01:48

by olivierco » Jan 22nd, '10, 01:48

Welcome!

Jan 22nd, '10, 09:53

by cindyt » Jan 22nd, '10, 09:53

Chip wrote: And hope to hear more about your Taiwan upbringing and its influence on your enjoyment of tea!
Thanks Chip and all for the warm welcome.

My Taiwan upbringing and its influence.. Hmm..

The influence is so big that I don't even know it is there. Tea is everywhere in Taiwan, in all parts of daily lives, and exist in different forms. Yes, there are tea houses where you go drink high end tea kung fu style, and there are also bottle tea drinks (decent oolong and green tea) that sell better than Coke. People drink tea just because it is part of life.

So, personally I took it for granted until I moved to the U.S, after I started drinking Lipton at work and realized that good tea is hard to find. And that's how I found TeaChat..

Jan 22nd, '10, 10:36

by Chip » Jan 22nd, '10, 10:36

Thanks for sharing with us, Cindy!

I am looking forward to your contributions on the forum ... and more of your Taiwan experiences as well.

When I attended the World Tea Expo, I was able to experience tea and meet on a small scale Chinese, Taiwanese, Japanese, Korean and others. I noticed a difference in how the Taiwanese presented their tea, it was almost like, "come and have tea with us" without any feeling of pressure to buy buy buy.

They were very serious about their tea, and did not treat it like a commodity. They just seemed to enjoy sharing their tea and had a great pride in the product, yet in a humble manner, figuring they would let the tea sell itself.

And they were most knowledgable and willing to share this knowledge.

Jan 22nd, '10, 11:23

by cindyt » Jan 22nd, '10, 11:23

Chip wrote: I noticed a difference in how the Taiwanese presented their tea, it was almost like, "come and have tea with us" without any feeling of pressure to buy buy buy.

They were very serious about their tea, and did not treat it like a commodity. They just seemed to enjoy sharing their tea and had a great pride in the product, yet in a humble manner, figuring they would let the tea sell itself.

And they were most knowledgable and willing to share this knowledge.
Yes! That's how Taiwanese people are in general. Warm, polite, and love having guests. I believe they were treating you as their personal guests and wanted to share with you their best tea. That's probably why there was no selling pressure. Oh yeah, Taiwanese are very serious about tea. I believe (might be serious biased here) Taiwanese tea are the best. :)

Jan 22nd, '10, 15:50

by Chip » Jan 22nd, '10, 15:50

Thanks Cindy, this affirms what I sensed from the experience! :mrgreen:

Jan 22nd, '10, 21:55

by RachelC » Jan 22nd, '10, 21:55

Nice to have you Cindy...Maybe you will have some interesting information to share as well. :D

+ Post Reply