You are not authorized to define a signature?

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Feb 15th, '10, 14:37

Re: You are not authorized to define a signature?

by Ironica » Feb 15th, '10, 14:37

I agree. I did a search and this is what came up:
To add a signature to a post you must first create one via your User Control Panel. Once created, you can check the Attach a signature box on the posting form to add your signature. You can also add a signature by default to all your posts by checking the appropriate radio button in your profile. If you do so, you can still prevent a signature being added to individual posts by un-checking the add signature box within the posting form.
Of interest too... it automatically loads to what is supposed to be the answer to my question, but rather loads to the answer to how to post a poll. The one about signatures is above it and you have to scroll up.

Feb 15th, '10, 14:49
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: You are not authorized to define a signature?

by Victoria » Feb 15th, '10, 14:49

The bottom line is it is disabled on the board, even though it is an available function. I know at one time we were able to "load" one even though it didn't show up on posts. Thus it was available and signatures were showing up on RSS feeds. Which is why you will see it on some older members' profiles.

Now, as you know, it is completely disabled. Rather than saying "you are not authorized" it should say "has been disabled" but I guess the board codes uses a "one size fits all" statement.

+ Post Reply