True, North, Strong, and Tea!

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Sep 26th, '11, 14:32

True, North, Strong, and Tea!

by Firemoss » Sep 26th, '11, 14:32

Hey, all! Thought I'd introduce myself--I'm a total hermit, the least I can do is say a Virtual Hello once in a while...

So...Hello. I'm such a Noob to fine teas you could probably just call me a "No". Sure, I've had loose leaf tea over the years but they've always been so-so and they never sparked in me much excitement. It's only recently I got interested in finding The Good Stuff myself. And now I'm addicted and can. not. stop. must. hold. my. self. back. (a little).

Anyway, I live in the Yukon, in the middle of the bush, with my husband and a bunch of rescued sled-dogs and cats and one squirrel. Living in the woods makes it easy to forage my own berries, leaves, herbs, roots, mushrooms etc., especially for teas. And harvesting the wild foods of the boreal forest is what spurred me to start researching/discovering the finer teas in this world...

Now the more I learn the less I know, which just makes me want to learn a myriad times more. So I was thrilled to find this site. It's helped me a lot already and pointed me in a few new directions. Thanks! And again, Hello. :mrgreen:

Sep 26th, '11, 20:11

Re: True, North, Strong, and Tea!

by Mintaka » Sep 26th, '11, 20:11

Hey! I have spent quite a bit of time in the Yukon. I live in Fairbanks, Alaska. The Yukon is a great area, very beautiful.

Welcome to the forum.

Sep 27th, '11, 00:28
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Sep 27th, '11, 00:28

Hello Firemoss and welcome to TeaChat. Don't be a hermit ... we hope to see you around the forum!

Share what is in your cup on TeaDay! :mrgreen:

Sep 27th, '11, 14:12

by Firemoss » Sep 27th, '11, 14:12

Mintaka, I think the Fairbanks area is very beautiful, too. Alaska in general is beautiful...so many diverse eco-regions. I actually live North of Alaska. :mrgreen: We usually take a three hour drive down to Haines every year (spruce tip ale and humpbacks, yo!!) from the Kluane area of Yukon. :lol:

Chip, thanks. Looking forward to learning more and getting involved and drinking lots of good tea. High-five.

+ Post Reply