Hello from Boston!

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Nov 26th, '13, 12:49

Hello from Boston!

by Bostonbull » Nov 26th, '13, 12:49

New here, and to drinking tea! I have been dabbling for the past month or 2, and found this forum recently.

I live near Boston and work in Boston as a reference point.

I don't brew at home yet as I am 100% inundated with the choices of equipment and teas out there. I buy cups from the local spots who sell loose leaf, but I am thinking that's not the best use of my money or palate. I have been trying everything I can find; Black, Red, White, Oo Long, Green, Yerba Mate, Rooibus, and i am sure others I am forgetting. I have found I prefer 'straight tea' with no flavor. White was too dull for me, certain black have too much caffeine for my liking, Yerba & Rooibus were OK. I do know that I absolutely cant stand the single note flavor of Lapsang souchong!

I come from a coffee back ground, although I gave it up 2 years ago, cold turkey. All of my coffee was roasted fresh when I ordered it and overnighted to my house to be fresh ground. I had an issue, clearly! LOL!

Looking for some good recommendations on what to purchase, that is SIMPLE to use, and can be used at office or home. In addition some recommendations on what teas to start trying and where to get them (loaded question....I know!).

A friend brought me back 3 cakes of Pu Erh and tin ( I think that may also be Pu Erh?) from Guangzhou China last week while he was there. I found out here http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19266 that the cakes aren't worth anything and the tin might be good quality though.

Look forward to learning and exploring!

Dec 3rd, '13, 18:39
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Hello from Boston!

by Chip » Dec 3rd, '13, 18:39

Sorry for the delay in your welcome to TC, Bostonbull.

I see you have managed to navigate our forum and I look forward to seeing more of your posts! :mrgreen:

+ Post Reply