Hello from Vienna

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Feb 8th, '15, 04:07

Hello from Vienna

by sonja_rtr » Feb 8th, '15, 04:07

Hi,

I have been reading in this forum for some time now and thought it was about time to register and introduce myself.

I have been drinking tea for some years now. At the beginning mainly black tea and many different flavored ones. Some years ago, without any particular reason I kind of stopped.

Last year I was in London and had Afternoon Tea at Fortnum & Mason and that experience awoke my passion for tea and tea ware again. I started with different kinds of black (red) tea (some flavored, some unflavored) and the occasional green.

At the moment my favorite teas are Assams and Japanese Greens.

Now (also thanks to this forum) I'm starting to discover the variety of non-flavored differently processed tea. I just had my first Pu-Erh and although it smelled a bit like fish it tasted good. Just ordered some samples.

I'm looking forward to learn a lot about tea from you all.

Feb 8th, '15, 08:03
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Hello from Vienna

by Mrs. Chip » Feb 8th, '15, 08:03

Hi, glad you finally took the plunge and joined. You will enjoy continuing your Tea Journey here. :D

Feb 10th, '15, 21:01

by mjay089 » Feb 10th, '15, 21:01

Welcome to the forum!

Where did you order your samples from? I'm looking to try some new teas too.

Feb 11th, '15, 12:17

by sonja_rtr » Feb 11th, '15, 12:17

I ordered my Pu-Erh samples here: Cha-Shifu.com
but they didn't arrive yet, so I can't really say anything about the service or quality.

I ordered the sample-box of green/oolong/white and black teas here: https://www.puretea.de/tee-shop/pure-te ... mente.html
The order arrived fast and I really like to be able to try a new tea every day. But as the shop is located in Germany I'm not sure, if that's of any help to you.

Feb 11th, '15, 12:46

by Oranda » Feb 11th, '15, 12:46

Good evening and welcome to this forum!
I am new also, of Belgium.
Thank you for your link which will be useful for me.

At the moment, I confine myself to teas Japanese green but my curiosity urges me to all to test them. I have to learn thus a lot: time of infusion, the sorts of teapot etc.

In the pleasure to read to you.

+ Post Reply