Olá from Brazil

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Apr 17th, '15, 16:37

Olá from Brazil

by amatsune » Apr 17th, '15, 16:37

Hello everyone, I've actually started reading the forum a few months back now and I finally made my account.

I started drinking tea a few months ago, after a boyfriend at the time sugested that I started. I was really skeptical, so I decided, since I'm going to do it, might as well go for the tea with most health benefits. This is how I introduced myself to green tea. At the time I was living in Portugal

After drinking and tasting some supermarket brands of teabags I decided I needed to go up a level, the taste was fine, but there was something incredibly off with it.

So last december my parents came visit me and we went on a trip to Belgium, Germany and Switzerland. In Germany we visited a very nice supermarket that actually had a very nice section dedicated to tea, half of it beeing solely green.

Sufice to say I was lost, I had no idea what I had just gotten myself into and after comparing lots of brands (and seeing a peculiar can of 30g of green tea for 30 euros -- I didn't know of matcha's existance at the time -- which obviously shocked my newbie self) I decided to go with a chinese gunpowder (don't recall the brand rn). When I got back to Portugal, I made the tea and was really surprized with the quality, It was a major step up, yet was still a pretty cheap tea.

Now I've entered the world of japanese green tea, moved back to Brazil and ordered sencha, matcha and gyokuro from both Hibiki-an and Maiko.
I'm still waiting for Hibiki-an's order to arrive (been an entire month now, but I'm confident it will be here soon, Brazilian customs suck) and for now I'm enjoying my new teas.

I've got a friend of mine hooked up too, It makes me feel kind of satisfied with myself yet also a bit guilty, because good quality tea is so hard to come by here, so its kind of unfair to show this great world to someone else just to tell them they can't really enjoy it to its fullest.

Anyways, I'm learning a lot. I really like to drink my tea in the morning mostly, I wake up a full hour before anyone else and just make my tea, sit in my balcony (I live right infront of a park) and just enjoy the beauty of nature and life itself as the sun begins to rise. I still have to aquire some teaware and stuff, but lets keep with baby steps.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Hope to learn a lot here with all of you guys, and become not only a green tea/matcha enthusiast, but, perhaps,a conesour as well (in time).

By the way, if anyone else here is from Brazil and would like to chat, I'd love to know more about your experience importing tea, since so far I've had little luck.

@EDIT: aparently pictures are not working on web browser, so heres my flickr album if you're interested https://www.flickr.com/photos/123525876 ... 605567439/
Last edited by amatsune on Apr 17th, '15, 19:11, edited 1 time in total.

Apr 17th, '15, 17:21
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Olá from Brazil

by Mrs. Chip » Apr 17th, '15, 17:21

Lovely and informative introduction, amatsune. Welcome to TeaChat and the world of green tea.

Sorry for your customs problems.

Apr 17th, '15, 18:25

Olá from Brazil

by amatsune » Apr 17th, '15, 18:25

So, I'm home now, my gunpowder was from Ronnefeldt.

Here's a picture of my first matcha experience a couple of days ago:[img]//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/17 ... cc3a7d.jpg[/img]

Since than I did matcha merengues, matcha smoothie and plan on doing a matcha cake tomorrow. Let's hope for the best.

[img]//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/17 ... 17fe12.jpg[/img]

[img]//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/17 ... de5551.jpg[/img]

[img]//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/17 ... de5141.jpg[/img]

Yes the photos are doctored, but the last one of the bitten merengue is only background edited, color is same as original.

Apr 21st, '15, 11:32

by BagzDeep » Apr 21st, '15, 11:32

Wow! Great first post, looks like you've elevated your tea game in a major way, congrats and welcome!

Apr 27th, '15, 22:37

by puyuan » Apr 27th, '15, 22:37

(Is it ok if I post in Portuguese just a little?)

Oi! Eu moro no Rio e importo chá da China com bastante frequência. Em SP tem o pessoal da Chá Yê também, você já conhece?

Qualquer dúvida, só me avisar! Por incrível que pareça, eu quase nunca tive problemas graves com os Correios ou os fiscais. Mas pode ter sido sorte.

Apr 28th, '15, 04:57

by Rui » Apr 28th, '15, 04:57

Olá, bom dia e bem vinda ao forum.

Now, for the benefit of everyone else, back to English.

Hopefully you will enjoy your stay here as it is fantastic what one can learn about tea and its huge amount of varieties.

Compared to many other tea types (not all) a good Matcha is expensive but it is one of the teas I could drink any time except at night probably because I need to sleep at some point. :wink:

+ Post Reply