Not Exactly and Introduction

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Jul 12th, '08, 12:38
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Jul 12th, '08, 12:38

Aphroditea wrote:http://www.taooftea.com/detail2130-Cha_ ... wl%29.html

I think I might go with this one, but I need to check on the size.I am also hunting for a second yixing, aroma cup set (I found one that I like, but it doesn't come with the small cup tray, but I think I can work around that), I picked out two full sized gaiwans (one glass for blooming teas), and a chado set made out of verawood. Now, I just sit back and wait for my anniversary and then Yule!
Cool. I like the way you deal with adversity: shopping!

That Tao of Tea bowl is handsome. My question also is "how big." You're becoming quite the Gongfu-oholic. Congrats.

Jul 12th, '08, 13:16

by Aphroditea » Jul 12th, '08, 13:16

Salsero wrote: Cool. I like the way you deal with adversity: shopping!

That Tao of Tea bowl is handsome. My question also is "how big." You're becoming quite the Gongfu-oholic. Congrats.
I think I can email for the dimensions, because I don't want to get it and find out it is only like 5'' across!! Also, I want to know if it has the small raised dais in the middle or if I need to get an insert. I also like it for its simplicity - it means that I can show of the teapots a bit more :)

My friends and I refer to this dealing with adversity style as 'Retail Therapy'! I will be having a bit today - some friends are coming over to help me with chores and take me to Origins :)

I can't imagine HOW I got so into gongfuing.....some rowdy boys I met, I think ;) But, I may have broken Wes' heart when I told him I was opting for the teaboat instead of a tray! :lol:

Oh...and I have moved onto matcha now as well. So, there's a whole new set of tea gear I'm gonna need! :shock:

Jul 12th, '08, 13:27
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Jul 12th, '08, 13:27

Aphroditea wrote:My friends and I refer to this dealing with adversity style as 'Retail Therapy'!
Thanks. I didn't know there was a technical medical term. Good to know in case I ever need to get a doc to write me a prescription.

Let me know if you learn more about the tea boat.

Matcha ... yum

Jul 12th, '08, 20:45

by henley » Jul 12th, '08, 20:45

Will be keeping you in my thoughts & prayers. Hope you get some good news soon!

Jul 14th, '08, 23:15

by soapy » Jul 14th, '08, 23:15

hope you feel better soon! I have thalassemia and your symptoms doesn't sound like it at all. hope that makes you feel a little better!
Does sound like the inner ear infection.. I've had that before with the vertigo!! had some pills for a bit and totally went away and did not return!

Good Luck! Let us know what happens with your follow up appointment and/or tests!
take care and continue to drink lots of (tea) fluids!
Get Paid to go on Vacations and deduct ALL personal travel, car purchases, concerts, attractions,golfing, flowers, going to sport events and so much more.
ask me how!
http://travelsyourway.biz
What are you waiting for...Join Today!

Jul 15th, '08, 09:52

by Aphroditea » Jul 15th, '08, 09:52

soapy wrote:hope you feel better soon! I have thalassemia and your symptoms doesn't sound like it at all. hope that makes you feel a little better!
Does sound like the inner ear infection.. I've had that before with the vertigo!! had some pills for a bit and totally went away and did not return!

Good Luck! Let us know what happens with your follow up appointment and/or tests!
take care and continue to drink lots of (tea) fluids!
Thanks for the well wishes :)
The Thalassemia is not the problem, it is simply worsening the problem. The problem is also not as simple as an inner ear infection - that could have been sussed out and fixed eons ago. It is a brain issue which is difficult to fix and so surgery won't be a possibility until/unless I become horribly incapacitated by the vertigo effects.

So far the meds are hit and miss. I have gotten to the point where I am taking meds to counter the side effects of other meds - this does NOT make me happy. So, I will be going in for an adjustment soon. The tests will help pinpoint better the effects and prognosis and hopefully help the docs figure out a regime of meds and therapy that will work.

Well, that is as much of an update as there is at the moment. Still at home and bored with no ability to drive, which sucks. I did get the first pass box yesterday so I have tons of tea to sort through :) That and laundry and dishes!

See ya 'round!

Jul 15th, '08, 13:13

by Pentox » Jul 15th, '08, 13:13

Oh my, I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. I hope you get better soon and can enjoy lots and lots of tea soon.

Get better soon!!!

+ Post Reply