Allow me to introduce myself...

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Allow me to introduce myself...

Postby TeaNovice » Dec 2nd, '08, 22:57

Hello folks,

I am Kevin from South Florida, US and am a current tea convert! I have been drinking coffee for years every morning (let's see now ... for probably about 30+ years daily) and then, for some odd reason, about two weeks ago as I was making my coffee the smell of it just turned my stomach.

I started to drink it, actually felt sickened by the taste, and figured - hey, I have GOT to get some caffeine into my body here -- so I pulled out a box of Lipton tea bags that I keep in stock for when my mom comes to visit (she drinks it every night).

Anyway -- for the past two weeks I've been hooked on my morning tea. Yes, I know some of you more adept and well-versed tea drinkers are probably shuddering at my Lipton tea from a tea bag habit. That is one of the reasons that I started searching on the web and came across this site - to find out what I should really buy to make REAL tea (decent tea) and where to get it, etc...

I posted something on another forum here asking the same questions and got a few links from people, which was really nice. I guess I would say that I like the taste of Lipton type tea (whatever that is) but I'm looking for something that is maybe a bit stronger in caffeine, if that is possible from tea? I'm really a novice to this whole world of tea -- as you can tell.

I'm off to read some posts and pick up some tips from all of you .. and then perhaps to shop some online shops for a proper teapot and other tools -- and for some new tea! I've never made "loose tea" before and have no clue how to make it -- but I'm sure I'll find out here!

Thanks, everyone, for helping me along on my new path of morning bliss. Kevin
TeaNovice

Postby hop_goblin » Dec 2nd, '08, 23:10

Welcome!
hop_goblin

Postby leiche » Dec 3rd, '08, 00:35

Welcome!

Sounds like an Indian Assam would be good for you.
leiche

Postby Chip » Dec 3rd, '08, 00:43

Thanks for sharing Kevin. Enjoy your TeaJourney. Please share what is in your cup on TeaDay.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Vulture » Dec 3rd, '08, 03:14

V'elcome!

Keep to Black(red) or oolongs if you are looking for caffeine. Loose leaf might get you more caffeine than lipton. So would having full tea sessions (re-steeping) with loose leaf.
Vulture

Postby Trey Winston » Dec 3rd, '08, 04:19

Welcome :D
Trey Winston

Postby Victoria » Dec 3rd, '08, 08:07

Welcome!! I think I answered you on another post!
Glad you joined us!
Victoria

Postby Goose » Dec 4th, '08, 09:16

Welcome Kevin.
Goose

Postby auggy » Dec 4th, '08, 10:48

Welcome - and no worries about the Lipton. Everyone's gotta start somewhere! :)
auggy

Postby olivierco » Dec 4th, '08, 13:44

Welcome!
olivierco

Postby Saifuddin » Dec 8th, '08, 21:51

Welcome..

My advice would be to get an infuser basket and some loose black tea. Since you like strong tea I think Assam or Assam based blends like Irish breakfast would be a good place to start. The infuser basket is maybe not the best way to brew tea, but it is easy, cheap and quick, so it's good in the morning. They are also widely available, a search on here will give you a few ideas on what to pick.

Looking forward to seeing you more around here.
Saifuddin

Postby sheila77551 » Dec 9th, '08, 11:29

Hi Kevin, Welcome!
Sheila
sheila77551

Instant Messenger

Permissions