I'm New here too

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Dec 31st, '08, 20:11

I'm New here too

by shardy53 » Dec 31st, '08, 20:11

I started drinking tea about three weeks ago while at a Christmas dinner party at a resteraunt in town. I have never been a tea drinker and my family never drank tea either except for an occasional iced tea on a hot day in the summer. I have only tried Twinings and Tazo teas so far and my favorites are twinings Irish or English breakfast tea in the morning, Earl Grey in the afternoon, and Tazo Calm at night. I havent tried any loose leaf teas yet but I plan to in the future. I seem to like black teas because they seem to have the most robust flavor. The green tea that I tried tasted like plain water compared to my black tea.

I have been making my tea in my Oscar stainless steel 16 OZ thermos and it works great, but I ordered a two cup Brown Betty teapot and a ceramic two cup pot with an infuser just for the fun of it. What I would really like to find is one of those small ceramic teapots with the metal felt lined cozy that isn't all cracked and checked. I am assuming that you should not use a cracked one because of lead.

The weird thing about the tea is that even though it has less caffene than coffee, I seen to notice the effects of it more with tea than with the coffee. I guess there is an oddball in every crowd.

Steve

Dec 31st, '08, 23:16
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Dec 31st, '08, 23:16

Welcome Steve! You should try Adagio's loose leaf blacks.
The Yunnan Noir is getting rave reviews. The Yunnan Gold is classic.

Jump in and try some samples!

Dec 31st, '08, 23:33

by kymidwife » Dec 31st, '08, 23:33

Steve,

Welcome to teachat and Happy New Year! Definitely try out some samples, Adagio has some great black teas and you will learn about other loose leaf vendors here as well.

I just wanted to add... don't discount green tea yet. If I'd only ever had teabags or bottled green tea, I wouldn't be a fan either. Good quality fresh loose leaf green teas are really fragrant and delicious... and some are very robust.

Enjoy your tea adventures.

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Dec 31st, '08, 23:33

Re: I'm New here too

by Vulture » Dec 31st, '08, 23:33

shardy53 wrote:The weird thing about the tea is that even though it has less caffene than coffee, I seen to notice the effects of it more with tea than with the coffee. I guess there is an oddball in every crowd.
This is because there are OTHER things in tea besides caffeine. Anti-oxidants and what not.
shardy53 wrote:Steve
There are too many Stevens in the world. I once had 3 in one of my classes (way back in high school). My friend ended up calling me Stev.

Jan 1st, '09, 02:39
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jan 1st, '09, 02:39

Hey Steve, welcome to TeaChat. Stop by TeaDay and share what is in your cup today.

Enjoy your TeaJourney.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jan 1st, '09, 06:59

by Trey Winston » Jan 1st, '09, 06:59

kymidwife wrote: If I'd only ever had teabags or bottled green tea, I wouldn't be a fan either. Good quality fresh loose leaf green teas are really fragrant and delicious... and some are very robust.
+1.

Welcome, Steve :D

Jan 1st, '09, 10:30

by olivierco » Jan 1st, '09, 10:30

Welcome!

Jan 1st, '09, 23:36

by sheila77551 » Jan 1st, '09, 23:36

Welcome Steve!

Jan 3rd, '09, 13:06

by shardy53 » Jan 3rd, '09, 13:06

I went on the adagio site and ordered a sample kit of the Green, Black, and Oolong teas and a Yunan Gold Sample. They threw in a Zodiac cancer sample free, what ever that is. I will report back in the appropriate discussion after I receive that tea.

Steve

Jan 4th, '09, 13:43
Scrolling: fixed

by Intuit » Jan 4th, '09, 13:43

I think the teapot with 'built in' tea cozy cover is a postmodern-mid century (1930s-50s) era design. Could be art-deco, not sure. They're a sleek conical shape; the cover slides over the top when the lid is removed.

You see them on Ebay (US/Canada/UK) every so often. Keep a sharp eye out, and you should be able to find one in good condition.

Else, you can purchase a regular teapot and find a tea cozy design to suit. They work just as well, like sweaters for a teapot to keep the contents hot.

Jan 5th, '09, 15:09

by Shelob » Jan 5th, '09, 15:09

Welcome shardy53, and enjoy your tea with us!
Have a FAB TeaDay Everyone!

+ Post Reply