Greetings from china

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

what a reasonable price you will accept for a yixing teapot?

0-$50
31%
$50-$100
62%
$100-$150
No votes
$150-$200
8%
$200-$250
No votes
more than $250
No votes

Total votes: 13

Jun 3rd, '09, 04:49

Greetings from china

by Louis » Jun 3rd, '09, 04:49

Hello everybody,
This is Louis from china, I am very pleased to find this forum and to communicate with you, let me make a brief introduction for myself:
Tea and yixing teapot is my favorite, so I sale tea and yixing teapot as my work, but I do not sale it to foreign country. some friends suggested me to sale yixings to other country throug internet, but I have to take in to blew reasons in to considerations:
1. Did foreign guests understand yixing teapot well? Yixing is the only source for yixing teapot for the whole world. But I do not know how many people know this thing. Usually the pot priced for 100RMB and 500 RMB are nearly the same for the person who do not know yixing teapot. In such case, I have to spent a lot of time to help the person who want to buy yiixing teapot but do not know much about yixing teapot. such as the difference bettew half-hand made and fully-hand made, and the kind of clay used for yixing teapot, and shape for the teapot, and the famous handicraftsman in yixing, and etc......
2. If the yixing teapot transport from china to abroad county, the shipping freight is expensive, so customer from oversea may need pay more.
3. My poor english, when I explain some thing to my foreign friends in english, sometimes they do not understand, in such case, it si difficult for me to explain something about yixing teapot, but pls do not worry, I will try my best to diffuse the information about yixings. :lol:

Jun 3rd, '09, 11:09
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Jun 3rd, '09, 11:09

Welcome, Louis. We need all the help we can get at understanding Yixing teapots. It is a very difficult subject for us. Most people in the US never heard of Yixing teapots.

Jun 3rd, '09, 12:46

by Chip » Jun 3rd, '09, 12:46

Welcome Louis to TeaChat, it is always interesting to hear from China. Often members from China who are in the pottery business rarely talk about their own tea enjoyment and practice, so I hope to hear more about tea from you as well.

It seems there is not as much fact as there are quite varying opinions regarding Yixing here in the USA. The discussions on the subject can get quite ... lively. :shock: :D
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jun 3rd, '09, 12:59

by olivierco » Jun 3rd, '09, 12:59

Welcome!

Jun 3rd, '09, 15:56

by Herb_Master » Jun 3rd, '09, 15:56

I voted up to $100, but that is assuming a decent clay, and half hand made.

For superb clay that has been hoarded, and fully hand made pots I would obviously go higher.

Welcome to TeaChat.
Best wishes from Cheshire

Jun 4th, '09, 00:45

by Louis » Jun 4th, '09, 00:45

Salsero wrote:Welcome, Louis. We need all the help we can get at understanding Yixing teapots. It is a very difficult subject for us. Most people in the US never heard of Yixing teapots.
Thank you Salsero, I Will try my best to let more people in the US know Yixing teapot, but I have to change my english at first! :lol:

Jun 4th, '09, 01:38

by Louis » Jun 4th, '09, 01:38

Herb_Master wrote:I voted up to $100, but that is assuming a decent clay, and half hand made.

For superb clay that has been hoarded, and fully hand made pots I would obviously go higher.

Welcome to TeaChat.
Herb_Master, you are right, fully hand made pots are always not cheap

Jun 4th, '09, 21:38

Re: Greetings from china

by xuancheng » Jun 4th, '09, 21:38

Louis wrote: ... foreign guests ...foreign friends ...
本网站是美国的。你才是外国人

Jun 7th, '09, 10:14

Re: Greetings from china

by Louis » Jun 7th, '09, 10:14

xuancheng wrote:
Louis wrote: ... foreign guests ...foreign friends ...
本网站是美国的。你才是外国人
Thank you for your reminding.

+ Post Reply