Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Sep 15th, '13, 16:37

Re: Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

by debunix » Sep 15th, '13, 16:37

Midday and thinking I might have to turn on the A/C, so after getting the last goodness out of last night's Da Wu Ye from Norbu (brewed up in my Petr Novak treebark pot), I'm enjoying some Zhangshu Lake oolong cold-brewed overnight. Mmmm.

Sep 15th, '13, 18:06

by GuyWan » Sep 15th, '13, 18:06

I started the day with some Baozhong and I'm now enjoying some TGY, both from Red Blossom. I'm testing a new water, Crystal Geyser, and so far I like the results.

Sep 16th, '13, 14:49

by 茶藝-TeaArt08 » Sep 16th, '13, 14:49

Yesterday I pour a very enjoyable Taiwan High Mt. wulong given to me as a gift from a friend while in Taiwan last year 賽德克, (sai de ke) 雪泉茶, (xue quan cha), grown in 南投 (Nantou, Taiwan) in 仁愛鄉 (Renai village). It's a 青心 (qing xin) cultivar. The tea has a bit of roast in it and brings across subtle honey/graham/buttery taste over an herbaceous base layer. It has a moderate sweetness and is not as floral or distinctly fruity as other greener wulongs I have been drinking lately. It's a welcome change.

I brew 8 rounds in a 150ml stone xishi pot that I bought in Taiwan last year. The pot is a marvelous, hand hewn pot made of a very fine-pored, grey, Taiwan stone and it accentuated the tea perfectly. In previous pores I had used one of two Petr Novak glazed (inside and out) pots to sample the high notes of the tea. In this pour the stone rounded the tea and brought out the the buttery elements of the tea and created a more silky mouth feel.

Sep 17th, '13, 21:26

by etorix » Sep 17th, '13, 21:26

love that pot, tell us more pls

Sep 17th, '13, 21:35

by etorix » Sep 17th, '13, 21:35

today Four Season Tea from a set of samples from teafromtaiwan: sample pack weighed 13gm inc packet, so i used it all in my 200ml
Season
Spring 2013
Varietal
Si Ji Chun
Origin
Rui Li, Ali Shan, Chia Yi County, Taiwan
Elevation
1,200 meters (4,000 feet)
Chinese Name
阿里山四季烏龍茶
http://www.teafromtaiwan.com/shop/loose ... n05paa19g0

this is nice, ima get more
seems v good price for what it tastes like

Sep 18th, '13, 00:12
Vendor Member

by ethan » Sep 18th, '13, 00:12

TeaArt08,
Your comments about infusing in stone interest me. I have prepared tea in jade several times & did not obtain any special effect. I drink from jade often & like it, but I don't know why. I'll try to pinpoint it.
Thanks for sharing.

Sep 18th, '13, 01:56

by Tead Off » Sep 18th, '13, 01:56

ethan wrote:TeaArt08,
Your comments about infusing in stone interest me. I have prepared tea in jade several times & did not obtain any special effect. I drink from jade often & like it, but I don't know why. I'll try to pinpoint it.
Thanks for sharing.
Lin marketed teaware made from volcanic stone that I thought made good tea. Don't know if the one shown is an offshoot of this line. But, I've heard there were artisans crafting teaware from various volcanic and clay deposits. Pretty teapot.

Sep 18th, '13, 11:38

by amaranto » Sep 18th, '13, 11:38

I'm enjoying a great Chuan Tong Tie Guan Yin (Seven Cups) brewed with ice. I keep adding ice as I drink, and the flavor keeps coming.

Sep 18th, '13, 12:23

by ole » Sep 18th, '13, 12:23

Shui xian from Essence of Tea now.
It makes me lightheaded and relaxed. Perfect after a long day at work.

Sep 20th, '13, 01:13

by debunix » Sep 20th, '13, 01:13

Zhang Shu Lake Oolong again. Mmmmm. I think my new kyusu has just found its purpose.

Sep 20th, '13, 01:22

by 茶藝-TeaArt08 » Sep 20th, '13, 01:22

Today I pour a newly opened 150g tin of 梨山明岡园 (Lishan Minggang wulong tea) I picked up in Taiwan last January...beautiful, even-sized, blue-green leaf nuggets. I pour 8 rounds in a 70 ml Bero, red clay teapot with glazed Novak cups. It's nice pour and a good tea with typical Lishan sulphur notes, vegetal, savory, with flowers and fruit.

I'm curious if anyone else has tried Lishan tea from this particular farm. I've been waiting to open it since January and will pour it against a 梨山 武陵茶(Lishan Wuling tea) from Tea From Taiwan soon for contrast.

Thanks for the compliments on the stone xishi pot. It's one of my favorite and most unique pots, devoted to high mt. wulongs.

Sep 20th, '13, 16:05

by JRS22 » Sep 20th, '13, 16:05

Today I'm enjoying a prolonged session with Gold Medal Rou Gui from Tea Urchin. My first time with this tea I used my Greenwood Studio ceramic gaiwan and the tea was excellent. So today I decided to try it in an unglazed shib. It seems that the clay removed all the flavor notes I enjoy and left behind a smoky bitterness. I moved the tea to my unglazed on the inside Seong Il pot and tea happiness has been restored. I'm sure the shib will shine with a different tea.

Sep 20th, '13, 16:15

by 茶藝-TeaArt08 » Sep 20th, '13, 16:15

Taiwan Tea Crafts Middle Autumn Sale

Saw today that Taiwan Tea Crafts is having a Middle Autumn Festival sale. Everything I've had from this vendor has been excellent. In fact, I just bought up some of the last of the TTC 2013 Boazhong that I've been enjoying so much.

Here's the sale info:
"Get up to 32% OFF all our fresh TAIWANESE TEAS (50 g or more) and 20% OFF all our TEA WARE (excluding Yixing pots) until Sunday the 29th incl. All orders of $75 or more ship out FREE OF CHARGE (as well as bulk tea only orders of $50 or more). Don't delay, many lots are very low in stock! http://www.taiwanteacrafts.com"

Plus, their standard free shipping program is ongoing for any non-sale teas that are bought. (http://www.taiwanteacrafts.com/2013/06/ ... -doorstep/)

All my orders have been accompanied by fast processing, good communication/emails, and have arrived in timely fashion from Taiwan.

Sep 21st, '13, 01:50

by debunix » Sep 21st, '13, 01:50

Another oolong day: first dip into the Origin Tea's new high mountain oolongs, enjoyed & shared around the office in the morning, sweet and rich 2013 spring Shan Lin Xi: Long Feng; and an afternoon thermos full of 2009 traditional roast TGY from Norbu.

Sep 21st, '13, 02:59
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Sep 21st, '13, 02:59

HK high fire TGY. Haven't had any in quite a while, and I'm really looking forward to it. I store it in glass jars and burp occasionally.

A year ago, when I first started drinking this tea, I wondered why I couldn't get the same results at home that the owner of the establishment got at his tea table. I now realize getting every step of the process just right is crucial, and my results are much, much better. His tea is so flavorful. It might be electric roast, but I love this stuff and don't feel it's lacking in any way. I always get a good amount of spearmint in the first few brews, which contrasts nicely with the warm, toasty notes.

+ Post Reply