concubine oolongs not popular???

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

concubine oolongs not popular???

Postby mr. Less » Aug 12th, '10, 09:25

Hi people,

since i enjoyed drinking concubine oolongs in the past , and they are normally harvested in summertime, i would like to know if there are some vendors out there that already carry some batches of concubine(or gui fei ) oolong.
I could not find any of these on the more popular vendor sites, is this becauSe these teas are considered inferior to high mountain oolongs?

thanxs
mr. Less

Re: concubine oolongs not popular???

Postby betta » Aug 14th, '10, 14:39

You should find concubine oolong from teahomeus on ebay. I've ordered several times from them in the past and from my personal experience, they carry products with good price - quality ratio.
betta

Postby entropyembrace » Aug 14th, '10, 15:17

The only place I´ve personally seen concubine oolong is Stéphane´s blog http://teamasters.blogspot.com/2005/07/ ... #comments/ He does sell tea through his blog, I haven´t bought anything from him but I know others have and have had good experiences.

Also I´ve read (from Stéphane) that concubine oolong is similar to Oriential Beauty, which seems to be a lot easier to find. I like the Oriential Beauty from Floating Leaves Tea. http://floatingleaves.com/
entropyembrace

Postby Victoria » Aug 14th, '10, 15:23

Sometimes I see a lot of this around, sometimes not so much.
And lately, not so much. I think I have only tried it once,
I know the high grades command very high prices.
Victoria

Postby mr. Less » Aug 15th, '10, 05:30

hey entropyembrace,

indeed stephane had (and still has) some really tasty concubine oolongs, but i would like to taste some from other vendors
i tried a Dong Ding Ming Xiang Oolong Tea from tea from taiwan, and according to many here its the same tea but a different name
i found that tea to be very honey like , where the tea from stephane had more fruity rose like taste.

maybe i will give the teahomeus a try, but i nver heard of the name, so dont know about their quality.
i saw some concubine oolong on goldenteahouse but it is currently out of stock , and according to me very expensive
did anyone tried some good concubine juices from other vendors?
mr. Less

Postby edkrueger » Aug 15th, '10, 11:40

Zhi tea's "Royal Courtesan" is a good option. Hong Shui is another tea you might want to have a look at if you like Gui Fei.
edkrueger

Instant Messenger

Permissions